Help me buy my first gear?

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
NoobAudiophile

Help me buy my first gear?

Post by NoobAudiophile »

Hey Everyone
I wish to build my first HT with a av receiver and floorstanding 2.0 audiophile grade speakers, under 1200 Euros ( approx ). Can you provide your recommendations ? So far I have thought of Yamaha RX v4a and q acoustic 3030.
Ivor

Re: Help me buy my first gear?

Post by Ivor »

Welcome and thanks for asking! Glad you let us know your budget... that way we had think about units that work well together.
I'm a bit all over the place at the moment (well between places) but others here might have something second hand available.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

The good news is that you should definitely get sorted out for the budget you have.

On the AV front - do you want to go Atmos, or are you looking for eg 7.1? There are very capable 7.1 amps out there secondhand as people move towards Atmos etc.

What size room are you planning to put it in - are you thinking standmounts or floorstanders?
Do or do not, there is no try
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Depending on what you want style wise etc, the ad below is worth considering at least:

https://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/castl ... s/26355092

https://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/anthe ... r/25813999
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Those Castle speakers are superb. I had a pair used as side surround speakers and just before selling them I tried them in a decent hifi system. They really surprised me! Handsome bit of furniture too.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable