WiFi-to-Ethernet adaptor

james

WiFi-to-Ethernet adaptor

Post by james »

I have a streamer and I want to use the wired ethernet connection rather than wifi. (The wifi connection keeps disconnecting).

I was looking at something like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0118SPFC ... TE_item
BrosTrend 1200Mbps Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal WiFi Adapter, Wireless Bridge Convert RJ45 Port to Wireless for Printer, Smart TV, IP Camera, Game Console, PS4, Xbox, UK Plug

This does what I want but it also transmits and sets up a second network (with a different name). I just want the wifi to ethernet part (It's not possible to switch off the second network .. I was in contact with the company)

Does anyone know of a device that is simply a wifi receiver that outputs to an ethernet cable.

Thanks
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
hudo

Re: WiFi-to-Ethernet adaptor

Post by hudo »

You can use any Wifi router that has bridge or client mode. Usually its also called range extender.
I used TP Link TL-WR840N for that since my TV didn't have Wifi, only LAN. Thats the old model, but think you can just take cheapest TP Link wifi router.
It acts as a extender so just give it the same SSID name, no harm in adding a bit more range anyway ;)
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500