Naim 250DR :Sold

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Tony Moore

Naim 250DR :Sold

Post by Tony Moore »

Just wondering are there any Naim users on the forum? Would there be much interest in a used Naim 250DR power amp with a witch hat morgana interconnect? Looking for €2750

Edit: any opinions on the best place to post this for sale? other than here of course :-)
Last edited by Tony Moore on Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RickyB75

Re: Naim 250DR

Post by RickyB75 »

Hi Tony, I use this amp, and like it very much. Not sure about where is best to sell, there is a naim buy and sell Facebook page. Have you tried to list it there?
Wonder what prompts the sale, and what do you plan to move onto?

Thanks,

Ricky
Tony Moore

Post by Tony Moore »

Thanks Ricky I'll checkout the facebook page. I agree its a great sounding amp. As an experiment I connected my NAC272 streamer directly to my Anthem 1140 AV amp and I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent sound in stereo mode. So I figured I'd simplify my system by moving on the Naim 250DR and maybe free up some cash for an upgrade in another part of the system.
james

Post by james »

a) You could consider listing it on pinkfishmedia ( http://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/ ) but it might be hard to sell it there since it is an English site and therefore probably problems trying to export it outside the EU. I don't have any personal experience of selling things on this site.

b) Would you consider selling the interconnect separately and if so for what sort of price (I have a NAP250 -- olive -- with the standard interconnect)?

(PS I assume the interconnect is the DIN to XLR used to connect the NAP250 to a Naim pre-amp).
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Tony Moore

Post by Tony Moore »

Hi James , I don't have the original interconnect so I think I'd have to hold onto the Morgana unless any potential buyer did not want it . Thanks for the pinkfish suggestion but think it might be too much hassle to sell into GB
james

Post by james »

Hi Tony,
No problem. Best of luck with the sale.
James
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

james wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:51 pm a) You could consider listing it on pinkfishmedia ( http://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/ ) but it might be hard to sell it there since it is an English site and therefore probably problems trying to export it outside the EU. I don't have any personal experience of selling things on this site.

b) Would you consider selling the interconnect separately and if so for what sort of price (I have a NAP250 -- olive -- with the standard interconnect)?

(PS I assume the interconnect is the DIN to XLR used to connect the NAP250 to a Naim pre-amp).
Depends on your location, but it could be posted from Northern Ireland?
halvis

Post by halvis »

Pink Fish is a good shout, I have bought and sold on there many times but mainly before Brexit, never any problems. There are a few from NI and Europe on there and if you are willing to post from NI then you should get a buyer.

I would be interested myself as I am sure it would be very nice with my speakers, but I expect it is outside my budget for now.

Otherwise, you might find a Naim fan on adverts.ie. This will also be indexed automatically by HifiShark.com for free, which many people view all around the world.
Tony Moore

Post by Tony Moore »

Thanks , I may try adverts given that hi-fi shark would help but to be honest I've always been wary of the low ballers and idiots who sometimes frequent adverts. Posting from NI is not an option I'd consider to be honest given fuel costs to get there and the danger it might get damaged by the P.O. Much rather meet someone, that's part of the fun for me when moving on high end gear.
Tony Moore

Post by Tony Moore »

Now listed on adverts with photos