FS: DIY speaker component extravaganza: RCA, Altec, Emilar, Renkus Heinz etc

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
rahman

FS: DIY speaker component extravaganza: RCA, Altec, Emilar, Renkus Heinz etc

Post by rahman »

Hi

Selling off a load of my surplus speaker components.

All items in Dublin and cash-on-collection most welcome, but happy to ship at buyer’s expense and risk. Payment via bank transfer or paypal friends/gift.

Pics and related links available on my hifi wigwam ads:
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/thread ... -1.112131/ and
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/thread ... -2.112132/

Reasonable offers considered.

Cheers
Adrian

(1) Pair of RCA 9458 3” phenolic/1.4” exit compression drivers with pair of NOS/uninstalled diaphragms.

These are RCA’s post-war, permanent magnet cinema compression drivers . Have the pepper-pot phase plug, I believe. On the right horn, supposedly good from circa 300 Hz to 6K. Plenty of info on the web.

This pair are UK badged and says made it in the UK, but I find that hard to believe. In excellent cosmetic condition (see pics).

Picked these up years ago (sans diapers) and managed to source 2 NOS diaphragms (in original boxes) since then. Measure 9.2 and 9.4 on my crap ohm-meter. Diapers have not been installed/used so new owner gets the very rare opportunity to hear these circa 70+ old drivers like new!

€2.2k.

(2) Renkus Heinz SSD 3301 3”/2”exit compression drivers (16 ohm)

Lots of info on web.

In excellent condition and measure 10 and 10.6 ohm.

Would make a nice pairing with the Emilar EH 500 or ZXPC 2” horns I’m also selling.

€150

(3) Single Altec 292a 2.88/3” phenolic/1.4” exit compression driver (16 ohm).

Picked this up years ago and had it remagged and installed with new 16 ohm diaphragm by GPA. Sat unused since then. Should be able to dig out GPA receipt.

In excellent condition and measures 10 ohms.

€300

4) Altec 23691/414 12” 8 ohm woofers (with 210607 cones)

These are “special” Altec 414s (b’s or c’s) which were used in its 1970’s Stonehenge I speakers. Both have the original 210607 stamped cones used for the 414 and the only difference that I can tell is the dustcap has no vent in the middle.

In excellent cosmetic and operational condition and measure 6 ohms. Happy to shoot through vids of working units.

€600

(5) RCF H3709 1” aluminium straight horns

RCF's straight version of the Altec 32 bent horn. Cast aluminium and appears NOS.

€200

(6) Emilar EH 500 2” cast aluminium radial horns

Heavy cast aluminium radial horn getting a lot of attention given J-Rob’s use with Emilar adapter and Altec 802s.

Much preferred to Altec 511 and 811 horns given better throat geometry and solid loading to 500 Hz.

Again, plenty of info on the web, including when paired with Renkus SSD 3301s or 1” drivers (e.g. Altec 802 with adapter).

€500

(7) Renkus Heinz SSH820 2” cast aluminium horn

Loads of info on web.

A bit dusty with some paint marks etc but in very good condition.

€200

(8) ZXPC 2" Throat Horn Bolt-On 18"x10"For Assorted Bolt On 2"Exit Drivers 90°x 40

Details here: 2" Throat Horn Bolt-On 18"x10"For Assorted Bolt On 2"Exit Drivers 90°x 40°(398) 647356205293 | eBay

Well liked horn with good loading down to 500 Hz.

9) DDS CFD ENG 1-90 PRO-S 1” conical horns

Details here: DDS Waveguide Horn - DDS CFD ENG 1-90Pro-S Screw-On Type Waveguide Horn - DDS CFD ENG 1-90Pro Waveguide 1" 90 x 90 fiberglass horn. DDS horns available now.

In as new condition (had to remove one from original sealed packaging to take photos).

€150

/ENDS
rahman

Re: FS: DIY speaker component extravaganza: RCA, Altec, Emilar, Renkus Heinz etc

Post by rahman »

Renkus SSD3301's sold. Other bits still available and open to reasonable offers.

Cheers,
Adrian