EU HIFI shops/ dealers

Brutus1968

Re: EU HIFI shops/ dealers

Post by Brutus1968 »

dubber wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:39 am Has anyone tried just jumping on a cheap flight and bringing stuff back in hand luggage ( … with all the appropriate declarations of course 🤫)? I would have thought you’d squeeze most sources and smaller amps into the overhead!
I did that few yers ago before coming to Ireland. Manley dealer had crazy prices in my country, while UK distributor had prices similar to USA (it was befote Brexit). I couldn't buy directly (because of the presence of an official dealer in my country) but my wife is English. So she could regularly buy the phono preamp I wanted, which was delivered to her parents' house. Next, we spent few days in UK and took the preamp in a luggage with us on the return flight. No question at the security check luckily...
I think I saved about 2000 euro, and the preamp is still in my system today.
Max (spin the black circle)
dubber

Post by dubber »

hudo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:52 pm
dubber wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:39 am Has anyone tried just jumping on a cheap flight and bringing stuff back in hand luggage ( … with all the appropriate declarations of course 🤫)? I would have thought you’d squeeze most sources and smaller amps into the overhead!
Whats the saving when you can get insured UPS delivery for ~50€? Flights would have to be crazy cheap, not counting in lost time on airport/coffees/...
Apologies, I wasn't clear, I meant a flight to GB not an EU destination.
hudo

Post by hudo »

dubber wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:40 am
hudo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:52 pm
Whats the saving when you can get insured UPS delivery for ~50€? Flights would have to be crazy cheap, not counting in lost time on airport/coffees/...
Apologies, I wasn't clear, I meant a flight to GB not an EU destination.
Ah, makes sense:)
I was even thinking, asking for delivery to some address in Belfast, and then just driving there.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

UPS in Newry have a collection point, if that's of interest.
hudo

Post by hudo »

peelaaa wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:06 pm UPS in Newry have a collection point, if that's of interest.
Isn't collection point just for package drop offs, when sending?
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

hudo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:20 am
peelaaa wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:06 pm UPS in Newry have a collection point, if that's of interest.
Isn't collection point just for package drop offs, when sending?
They do both there. Collection and sending.