EU HIFI shops/ dealers

Sloop John B

EU HIFI shops/ dealers

Post by Sloop John B »

Over the years I developed a great relationship with Alastair in Signals and have also used the audio room in Hull and got some stuff from Lee in Strictly Stereo. (I’ve also bought from Cloney, HiFi hut and Ainm-AV)

I’ve only used one EU supplier, Magna HiFi from the Netherlands and they were really good to deal with. I bought a Holo DAC s/h that they had originally sold and they procured an original box for me and I got a Singxer SU2 from them. Really sound guys and very quick response times.

Any other recommendation for EU hifi dealers, now that it’s obvious that Brexit has put the UK out of bounds.

.sjb
hudo

Re: EU HIFI shops/ dealers

Post by hudo »

I also have good experience with Magna Hifi (another happy owner of Holo DAC!)
When buying second hand, i start with hifishark.com, and if its a dealer/shop I usually order (have to be careful with private sellers, there are few scammers out there).
Since i am from Croatia, there are few shops i sometimes check, they tend to have good discounts around Christmas time (https://www.ronis.hr/hi-fi-video/2/l/, https://www.njuskalo.hr/obrt/robertoshop, use with google translate, but prices are in Eur anyway) - so if somebody finds something interesting there, i can certainly help with communication, just ping me, i know few people who are working there!
Richersounds Belfast also has good NY discounts and great service, and there's no import fee/customs when delivering from NI :)

After Brexit its definitely more difficult to find 2nd hand stuff.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Magna HiFi again and for a HoloAudio Spring Dac too.

AudioGrafitti in Pandino, Italy . www.audiografitti.com Great to deal with, easy purchase of new speakers and price included shipment to Ireland. Very responsive and they have a wide range of products.

Audiophonics in Floirac ,France www.audiophonics.fr Good for all kinds of parts and solutions like volume controls etc

All the above have impressed me on quality,price and delivery.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I know somebody in this parish who had some solid dealings with ghegin.it.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
markof

Post by markof »

Any opinions on Kronos, Dungannon?

Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

markof wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:35 pm Any opinions on Kronos, Dungannon?

Mark
Well they are UK but even still... I've had good dealings with them long long ago but for various reasons I'm very unlikely to revisit. (PM me if you want)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Kronos are very good , they deal in a wide range of products , for example floorstanding speakers from 400£ to 400000£. They have a complication on product manufactured in UK and they state "Please Note: We can only supply these speakers to the UK Mainland. NI & Ireland shipping is not available " but I suspect they would be willing to sell to you on the spot otherwise there could be Brexit requirements.
They also do good value ex-display and used items.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

I have bought Titan Audio cables/mains block from Kronos on three occasions and I was very pleased with the service. I got a good trade-in on Titan Audio cables when I upgraded them. The only 'issue' I had was there was a mixup in the delivery on the last occasion, arriving a couple of days later than expected.
dubber

Post by dubber »

Has anyone tried just jumping on a cheap flight and bringing stuff back in hand luggage ( … with all the appropriate declarations of course 🤫)? I would have thought you’d squeeze most sources and smaller amps into the overhead!
hudo

Post by hudo »

dubber wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:39 am Has anyone tried just jumping on a cheap flight and bringing stuff back in hand luggage ( … with all the appropriate declarations of course 🤫)? I would have thought you’d squeeze most sources and smaller amps into the overhead!
Whats the saving when you can get insured UPS delivery for ~50€? Flights would have to be crazy cheap, not counting in lost time on airport/coffees/...
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500