Pass XA30.5

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
hudo

Pass XA30.5

Post by hudo »

Hey hifi addicts,

Received a new integrated amp from Primaluna, so my trusty Pass XA30.5 will have to find a new home!
Its a power amp, full 30W in class A, up to 100-150W into class AB (8/4ohm), can drive almost anything. Big heavy american amp.
I was using it with Primaluna tube preamp, it has XLR and RCA inputs.

Sound wise; there's plenty of reviews online, stereophile one is similar like my experience, but in general its smooth, little bit darker sounding amp (contributed by tube preamp also). Good tone, great sound stage, details, suits brighter sounding speakers very well, I used it with Focals and Magnepan, but was also happy driving Q Acoustics which is not bright speaker, quite the opposite.

Only "problem" with it is that vu-meter in front doesn't work. I had it checked at hifi hospital, and seems like control board needs replacement but would have to ship it to Netherlands (Pass told me its a known fault with that series). Actual board (~200-300$ Pass said) is cheaper than the transport costs these days, so i didn't bother because sound-wise its all good, all checked fine, no problems there. Needle on Pass doesn't move much anyway (it moves only if amp is going beyond the class A operation, and trust me its its very hard to use more than 30W:)

Didn't yet put any ad on adverts, would like to offer it here first.
Per hifishark its usually sold 2800-3000€, but because of meter problem, think 2300€ would be a fair price?
Serious buyer can take it home for a test run. I am in Ballycullen, Dublin 24.

cheers,
Hudo
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Claus

Re: Pass XA30.5

Post by Claus »

Best of luck with the sale, Hudo. The buyer is getting a serious amp! Sounds amazing!
Dave0551

Post by Dave0551 »

Recent fan of PASS and agree with Claus....serious sound....serious amp
GLWS....
hudo

Post by hudo »

Thanks all!
Yeah, Pass is really something else... it can drive almost anything, and that smooth class-A full bodied sound... uh:)
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
AnrCues

Post by AnrCues »

Hi...I'm just wondering if this is still available? If so would you have any interest in taking a Mark Levison 383 as part exchange plus cash?

Regards

Abban
hudo

Post by hudo »

Sorry, sold...
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
AnrCues

Post by AnrCues »

Hi..

Okay no problem. Thanks for getting back to me.

Abban