GOLDEN DISCS

Cyndale

GOLDEN DISCS

Post by Cyndale »

Was down in Liffey Valley shopping centre and was surprised that Golden Discs have closed their shop there! It used to be HMV, now there is no record store there. A shame!
Ivor

Re: GOLDEN DISCS

Post by Ivor »

Cyndale wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:40 pm Was down in Liffey Valley shopping centre and was surprised that Golden Discs have closed their shop there! It used to be HMV, now there is no record store there. A shame!
It was Zavvi for a while as well... pity. It might have been awful but if that prime location is closing what of the rest?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Ivor wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:32 pm
Cyndale wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:40 pm Was down in Liffey Valley shopping centre and was surprised that Golden Discs have closed their shop there! It used to be HMV, now there is no record store there. A shame!
It was Zavvi for a while as well... pity. It might have been awful but if that prime location is closing what of the rest?
Forgot about Zavvi! My thoughts as well!
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Not many audiophile releases or quality Jazz in GD. Every week I go to the one opened in Pavilion SC last year and I'm not finding anything really interesting.
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

I read recently that the Golden Discs shop in Dun Laoghaire was closing down.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Yeah I went looking for it last week to spend a voucher and it's gone alright.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:51 am Yeah I went looking for it last week to spend a voucher and it's gone alright.
can you spend it online?

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

That's a good question, I must look into that. Alternatively, I see they've taken quite a large shop in Stephen's Green centre, with browsing a genuine possibility, so I might have to pop in there.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Also Dundrum Shopping Centre, any time I went into Liffey Valley Golden Discs and they didn't have the LP I wanted, the guy behind the counter said that Dundrum is their warehouse and they would have it. Huge stock there!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

HVM returns to the high street. It looks like it's rebranding to look like an independent store. I'd suggest we buy from genuine independent stores.

https://www.buzz.ie/news/irish-news/hmv ... n=sharebar