MUNICH HIGHEND SHOW 2023

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
sdiesel77

MUNICH HIGHEND SHOW 2023

Post by sdiesel77 »

Hi All,
It's been a while since my last forum's visit!
I believe the last time was prior covid when I was almost ready to go to the MUNICH HIGHEND SHOW and then it got canceled due to Covid situation.

The MUNICH HIGHEND SHOW is now back! I believe this is one of the biggest European Audio shows.
Ken (Ken Moreland) and myself are already all booked for the 20th and 21st May! :D

https://www.highendsociety.de/high-end-44.html
2023-03-26 16_32_07-HIGH END Munich - HIGH END Society and 26 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png
2023-03-26 16_32_07-HIGH END Munich - HIGH END Society and 26 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png (306.01 KiB) Viewed 1062 times

Anybody thinking to go or already booked for it?

Here is an idea of cost per person (lower costs if sharing cabs or with further hotel location):
Munich Cost.png
Munich Cost.png (16.39 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..
hudo

Re: MUNICH HIGHEND SHOW 2023

Post by hudo »

Im thinking of going this year, still not sure.

But for Munich show you need to go all 3 days to be worth it, its just too big. We were at Bristol hifi show for 2 days, it wasn't enough and its much smaller show. 19-21.5 flights are from ~170€

Just FYI, you don't have to use taxies, Munich and show are so well connected with buses and trains, there's even an official bus to the show from few hotels.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

I think Munich show is only open 2 days (weekend) to public, the other days are for traders
tony

Post by tony »

Yes show is open Saturday and Sunday for the public. You can get a bus for free from the airport directly to the MOC. When going home you bring your suitcase/luggage and leave at the MOC when attending the show on Sunday and then get the myriad buses that run after it free back to the airport.
Last year your ticket gave you free access to this special bus service. I learnt from Fran, Pearse and Mick who have done it all before :)

Best to get a hotel on the Schwabing on the Frankfurter ring as you can walk or scooter back to your hotel after the show. Fran, Pearse, Mick and I are going again this year. The Premier inn on the Schwabing is the hotel we all picked. Again Fran and Mick had stayed in it last year and it seems to be very good. I stayed in one a bit away from it and Pearse I think went for the Super8. Not sure if that's right name. But if you google that area you will get the various hotels that are available. The Premier inn is near a few restaurants that are fine. If you stay closer to the centre of Munich you will have a myriad selection of hotels but you will have a bit more travelling on the metro etc getting to and from the show.

It is well worth making the trip. Stuff for all tastes and price ranges. The esoteric kit is off the scale but great to see and hear.

We are going Friday on various flights. The idea like last year is to be fresh for battle on Saturday morning!
Last edited by tony on Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Satrus

Post by Satrus »

It might be worth knowing too, if you plan to stay longer than the 4 days on which the show is on, that you can get an ISARCARD at the Airport for a week for something like €18 to €20 covering ZONE M. This will allow you to travel all around Munich and its environs by U-Bahn and S-Bahn trains as well as bus services. At the point of purchase, you also get a one way ticket into the city for that day (about €7.50) and a return ticket back to the Airport for the day of your departure (also €7.50). The overall cost is about €32, if I recall correctly. It is great value if your stay is longer and you want to investigate the record stores in the city. This year I am staying at a relative's apartment in the city for a week, so I'll be making use of the ISARCARD option. I always do anyway. Yes, the show is enormous and 2 days is hardly enough. The public days, in particular, are always very busy. I would expect that many of the absentees from last year will attend this year now that the COVID threat has retreated somewhat. I am flying from Cork this year via Amsterdam. I am looking forward to it already. I've been attending the show each year since 2006, bar a few volcanic eruptions in Iceland which prevented me travelling one year.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Hmm, you make me think again guys, I'll try to convince myself or herself to be exact, that I have to go.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

There is usually a smaller show setup at a nearby hotel for the brands that didn't get into the main show and that is usually open on the Friday. So if you really want to spend the 3 days, this is an option. Its much smaller but a pleasant way to spend some hours.

There are a few of us going, so it should be very sociable!
Do or do not, there is no try
hudo

Post by hudo »

Booked the flights:)
Fri (16:25) - Sun (20:35), Aerlingus
Looking forward!

Update: found affordable and decent hotel relatively close to the show (~30min bus+walk) and on direct tram from the airport, half price than most other hotels, if somebodys interested - https://www.booking.com/Share-98BRFkp
Last edited by hudo on Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I think a few of us are on that flight hudo!
Do or do not, there is no try
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

Munich here we come ! See you all at the Audio show ! 😁👍