MUNICH HIGHEND SHOW 2023

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
hudo

Re: MUNICH HIGHEND SHOW 2023

Post by hudo »

Should we meet somewhere during the show or maybe a dinner after?
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Well, we had a great weekend of great sounds and geekery at max levels.

I thought there were more rooms that sounded very good this year compared to last, so kudos to them all.

Some stand outs to me:

Hard not to be wowed by the crazy ESD acoustics horn system (7 horns and 3 subs per channel and 25 boxes of electronics to drive them). You need an aircraft hanger to house them. Crazy but good (3.6m for the system on show)

Nagra partnered with Wilsons - fantastic sound

Wilsons with Constellation amps/source, again, great sound

Magico was very good until they turned it up too loud and boom overpowered the room

Huge vintage western electric horns (exhibited by a private south Korean guy on his own dime) - over 100 years old and a magic sound

Marten speakers, impressive as well.

Devore fidelity baby speakers - these were very nice, not at the same scale as some rooms, but more in keeping with rooms most of us would have.

General impressions:

Its all either vinyl or streaming, very few CDPs around
Very well attended, it was quite busy, but in general you got to hear whatever you wanted with reasonable comfort
The show is very well organised, very slick organisation
Good numbers of all kinds of systems, from smaller to huge, headphones to speakers
Great to meet up with some people I hadn't seen in ages!
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Good man Fran, reading your report is like being there but much cheaper!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
hudo

Post by hudo »

It was really fun!
Some rooms were so busy that i couldn't even enter for 2 days. But plenty of other brands to see and hear, not sure what to even point out since there were so many good sounding setups (Von Schweikert, Wilsons, Estelon, ...), you could even bump into some famous person (Ali Di Meola, Rick Rubin...).
Very glad to meet folks from forum!
German organisation was excellent, as usual, not just the show; public transportation, hotel, the whole city its just amazing.
If I have to mention one negative thing, its maybe food and drink prices on the show. 4.5€ for lousy coffee from automatic machine for example. I know we're used to pay stupid prices (cable lifters, ...), but this time we didn't even have other options.
Until next year:)
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500