CDs for sale

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Brutus1968

CDs for sale

Post by Brutus1968 »

I hope I am not breaching any rule of this forum by using this space to sell some software rather than hardware. Ready to remove the topic in case.

Here is a list of preloved CDs that I don't need anymore for different reasons (more copies in different formats, change of taste, need for space):

Sonny Landreth: South of 1-10 (a master of American slide guitar).
Neil Young: Sleeps With Angels (with Crazy Horse).
Material: Temporary Music (early Bill Laswell project). Plus free ambient music collection CD.
Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral (techno/industrial/hard/...).
Cock Robin: Cock Robin (produced by Steve Hillage).
Gary Moore: Wild Frontier (great guitar playing).
Steve Stevens: Atomic Playboys (Billy Idol's guitar player solo project).
Fjeri: Endless (very good Italian prog with famous international guests). Plus free ambient music collection CD.
Boston: Boston (a classic of American FM rock)
Iggy Pop: TV Eye Live 1977 (Iggy at his best: on a stage; not a record for audiophile tests...).
Carl Orff: Carmina Burana (Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra, Eugene Ormandy director).
Frank Zappa: Jazz from hell (remastered).
Ludwig Van Beethoven: Symphonies 6 and 8 (Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Georg Solti director).
Soft Machine: Live at Paradiso (famous live gig of the second album incarnation of the band). This CD is basically new, so will sell it for 7 euro.
Scott Walker: Tilt (the first of his masterful trilogy with The Drift and Bish Bosch).
Bill Laswell: City of Light (with Trilok Gurtu, Coil, Tetsu Inoue and Lori Carson).

All CDs, cases and booklets are in very good conditions and I am selling for 4 euro each (except where indicated). I am based in Dublin, but can send a CD with An Post for additional 3 euro. Moderate discount applied in case you are interested in more than one CD (post expenses can increase due to higher weight). Also available (with pictures) on Adverts (seller Brutus1968).
Feel free to contact me for additional queries.

Best
Last edited by Brutus1968 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:24 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Max (spin the black circle)
JAW

Re: CDs for sale

Post by JAW »

Can you put my name against the Nice, Quatermass, Pavlov's Dog and Gong? Always curious about these bands.
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Hi Jaw,

The Quatermass album is already gone, but the other three are still available. Do you need them to be posted? In case I will calculate how much it will cost.

Best
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Gong, Pavlov's Dog and The Nice sold to Jaw; thanks a million!

Best
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

CD list updated with a couple of new titles.
As I will soon move home I would like to get ride of those CDs soon, so if unsold I will have to sell them to my local record store in the next couple of weeks.

Best