BBC Music Awards

Jared

BBC Music Awards

Post by Jared »

for those interested, I would highly recommend you participating in a thoroughly enjoyable hour, voting for your favourite nominations. With each of the three sections, you may watch a three minute 'candidate presentation' followed by a very generous snippet (certainly more generous than last year's!) of each of the three disks... it was certainly an education for me!

http://www.bbcmusicmagazine.com/
Seán

Re: BBC Music Awards

Post by Seán »

I spent all day yesterday in a hospital waiting room and so I read the BBC Magazine from cover to cover, it was a very enjoyable read too. I am not familiar with the recordings in their poll so I was reluctant to vist the site and vote on any of their CDs, I must listen in and decide on what to do so, thanks for that.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:I spent all day yesterday in a hospital waiting room....
Nothing serious, I hope!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:
Seán wrote:I spent all day yesterday in a hospital waiting room....
Nothing serious, I hope!!
Thanks Fergus, no nothing serious at all. A family member was in for a minor op, that's all and she's fine.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Good to hear that Seán....hospitals do not usually mean good news....thankfully all is ok!
Jared

Post by Jared »

Seán wrote: I am not familiar with the recordings in their poll so I was reluctant to vist the site and vote on any of their CDs, I must listen in and decide on what to do so, thanks for that.
Sean... I wasn't familiar with any of them, but they give you a generous enough sample from each to be able to make an informed choice. I found it a very enjoyable and educational activity; besides, you might win yourself a new Yamaha hifi system!! ;-))
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:.... besides, you might win yourself a new Yamaha hifi system!! ;-))
He would probably be thrown out of the house if he went home with more gear!!!