Just curious - anyone in the County Roscommon area

HiFiFan

Just curious - anyone in the County Roscommon area

Post by HiFiFan »

Just moved to Ireland in Dec 2023 to county Roscommon. Just curious if there are any members in the county?
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
tony

Re: Just curious - anyone in the County Roscommon area

Post by tony »

Was perusing adverts this morning for I don't know what really but like putting out the bin it has to be done.
There's a guy with some plastic fandango of a turntable thingy whatever that is, who lives in Roscommon :)

https://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/clear ... t/25679370
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Thanks, nice turntable
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
PadraigC

Post by PadraigC »

Hi... hi-fi fan in Boyle, Roscommon... how about you?
Don't post much but keep an eye on the forum.

Padraig
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Hi Padraig, reasonably near to you in Castlerea.

My stuff is still on a ship coming from the US but almost here, another few weeks. Really looking forward to getting my system up and running again.

I was passed through Boyle yesterday.

Jimmy
PadraigC

Post by PadraigC »

Hi Jimmy,

Pity you could have called in for a coffee ... we can do it another day and we can listen to a few tunes.

Mind you my system may not be in the same league as yours... (lii audio drivers in open baffle / EL 34 tube amp) still sounds good in my small room.

You just relocate or back home?

P
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

We have moved back after 25 years in the US: Silicon Valley, Hawaii and Pasadena (LA)

Once I am up and running and fully settled in I'll send you a PM if that is OK and we could meet up.

All the best,
Jimmy
PadraigC

Post by PadraigC »

Big move so... no problem to drop in here as well... I work for myself so flexible enough and easily distracted by hi-fi shinanigans

P
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Hi Padraig - I sent a PM to you with my contact details.
paulb

Post by paulb »

Padraig any chance of some pics of the speakers with lii drivers?(and some details)....its something that I was thinking of building and open baffle would be easy enough even for me.