Best hifi gadget you own?

Brutus1968

Re: Best hifi gadget you own?

Post by Brutus1968 »

peelaaa wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:43 pm Is it a gadget or not?, who knows but I use a magic eraser for removing dirt/dust from the stylus. Reading Cybot post above, the dust buster could be an alternative I may try.
I also use a disco anti-stat record cleaner. Great results from this, using the supplied liquid.
I bought a Knosti manual record cleaner many years ago and still use it regularly with satisfaction. I may move to an ultrasonic machine in the future; it could be my next gadget.

Best
Max (spin the black circle)
JAW

Post by JAW »

A couple of things I bought from an ex member, Andy S before he went to Spain. A digital stylus balance, (my wife thought that I was going to start dealing drugs!), a carbon fibre record cleaning brush and a Audio Technica AT-637 ultrasonic stylus cleaner. I was a little worried about using stylus cleaner at first in case it damaged the stylus tip, but I've been using it for a few years now and no damage so far. Oh, and it's very good!

The other thing which I find excellent is an Arcam Wireless RDac for streaming from the laptop to the system.
cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:18 pm A couple of things I bought from an ex member, Andy S before he went to Spain. A digital stylus balance, (my wife thought that I was going to start dealing drugs!), a carbon fibre record cleaning brush and a Audio Technica AT-637 ultrasonic stylus cleaner. I was a little worried about using stylus cleaner at first in case it damaged the stylus tip, but I've been using it for a few years now and no damage so far. Oh, and it's very good!

The other thing which I find excellent is an Arcam Wireless RDac for streaming from the laptop to the system.
I have one of those ancient Audio Technica AT-637‘s too. Use it once in a blue moon. It’s really effective and safe too. The digital stylus balance is worth its weight in dru…..I mean gold :)
JAW

Post by JAW »

Whoops! I forgot that I have this. Put in a few evenings a few years ago when I was changing arms on a long gone Thorens 150.

cybot

Post by cybot »

Wasn’t aware you were into Stereolab 😊

Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

I bought this years ago, I find it great for checking dirt/wear & tear on stylus!

Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Also, this speed control checker, very accurate for checking speed on one's turntable.

peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

Cyndale wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:47 pm Also, this speed control checker, very accurate for checking speed on one's turntable.

mobile phones are good for this now. Not as pretty though