Clearout - some free

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
plunkfra

Clearout - some free

Post by plunkfra »

I am having a bit of an equipment clear out. Descriptions as best I can below, and most are free to a good home.

Original Audiolab 8000A from around 1990. It has the usual problem of loose phono connections at the back. A bit of a butchered fix has been implemented on the CD and Tuner inputs. However, it is working including the MM/MC phono input (which is rather good), and it sounds pretty decent still. Could do with some contact cleaner on the switches. Free assuming collection from Stamullen. GONE TO DEREK.

Arcam Alpha+ CD player, from around 1992. In good physical condition and still working - skips occasionally. Remote included. A very pleasant sounding CD player and goes well with the Audiolab. Free assuming collection from Stamullen. GONE TO FRAN.

JPW Mini Monitor bookshelf speakers in black ash. Two small screw holes in each speaker where there were wall brackets attached. When they were in use several years ago I seem to recall there was a crackling sound from one of the tweeters, but when I took them out of storage I played them from the Audiolab for a couple of hours and there is no crackling sound. Minor dents on the woofers. Free assuming collection from Stamullen.

Denon SC-N10 bookshelf speakers. Wall brackets attached to the back. Two small screw holes in the top of one of the speakers. Otherwise in very good condition and sound good in a desktop/office or second system. €30 assuming collection from Stamullen.

Bowers and Wilkins LCR60 S3 centre channel speaker in black ash. Chips and marks on the cabinet but sounds very good. Free assuming collection from Stamullen. GONE TO DEREK.

Onkyo TX-SR605 surround sound amplifier. Remote included. Highly rated in its time and still sounds great. Decent in stereo also. €50 assuming collection from Stamullen. GONE TO DEREK.

Bose Acoustimass® 6 Series III - 5.1 home theatre system. In good condition. Includes cables. €80 assuming collection from Stamullen. GONE TO DAREK.

Dell Zylux powered computer speakers and sub - connects to PC/MAC via headphone output. Free assuming collection from Stamullen.
Last edited by plunkfra on Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Clearout - some free

Post by Fran »

If still available, I'd take the Arcam alpha+ off your hands.....
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I can't justify taking it, but for a very long time I wanted an Audiolab 8000A SO MUCH! It was *the* desirable amp upgrade when I was getting into this hobby, and everything about it appealed to me. Deep down I'm still sorry I never had one.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
plunkfra

Post by plunkfra »

PM’d you Fran
plunkfra

Post by plunkfra »

@Diapason had it paired with loads of gear over the years - Thorens, Linn, Marantz, Arcam, Linn speakers, Mission, Epos etc. Always performed well and incredibly reliable. The fact many of them still work after over 20 years is a real testament to their build quality.
Derek

Post by Derek »

If Si doesn’t take the 8000A I’d be glad to take it off of you hands along with the B&W centre speaker.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

All yours, Derek.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
plunkfra

Post by plunkfra »

Hi Derek, PM sent.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Plunkfra please see pm.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:13 pm I can't justify taking it, but for a very long time I wanted an Audiolab 8000A SO MUCH! It was *the* desirable amp upgrade when I was getting into this hobby, and everything about it appealed to me. Deep down I'm still sorry I never had one.
I had one in my formative hifi years.... loved it. I know guys who have more modern versions and they too love theirs. Something wonderfully unfussy about those amps..
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable