How to add a pic to your post

Fran
Site Admin

How to add a pic to your post

Post by Fran »

Hi all,

To add a pic to your post:

Find the pic, album cover or image on the web. A good source is to go to google, click on the "images" option, type in the artist and album name and hit search. A number of options will be returned. Pick one, go to the page and right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image source" or "copy image location" - different browsers will have different options, but they will be similar to the above.

Now go to your new post and click the button "Img". Then either right click and select "paste" or else press "ctrl+V". You will see that the post now has a line like this:

[img]image%20URL[/img]

When you submit the post, you will see your pic in there.

To add a pic from your PC:

1. Click "Post Reply".
2. Type your message as normal
3. Scroll down past the message box and there's another box "upload attachment"
4. Click "browse" and in the pop-up, select the file you want to add, and then click "open" to select it.
5. The pop-up closes and then click "add the file".

The file is then added to your post and will display at the end of the post (the text you entered earlier).

If you want to insert the picture somewhere else in your message, after you add the file, click the button "insert inline". This inserts a bit of text code at the start of the text box. You can cut and paste this anywhere in the message and thats where the file will be lcoated.

Note that while most will use this for uploading a photo, you can also use it for PDFs, ZIP files and so on - although not every file type is allowed.

Hope this helps,

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
patrick

Re: How to add a pic to your post

Post by patrick »

hi
recently i attempted to upload pics from my pc and later from website posted pics to the post relating to HIFi racks. The request was denied stating board had reached quota or full. perhaps old attachments might need to be removed to allow new or more space allocated for posting new pics . This is just to inform you of any future difficulty experienced by other users . Thanking you Pat
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Patrick - I think your problem is the size of the file rather than the space being full here. The maximum size for a file uploaded here is 256kb - as I recall your pics were 2mb?

You can get around this by hosting on flickr etc and linking back here using the img tabs if you like.....

Fran
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Patrick - I think your problem is the size of the file rather than the space being full here.

Our old friend pixresizer is as handy as it is free.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... izer.shtml
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

maybe it's an iOS thing, but I get "quota" message regardless of the size of image

(even with a 100px square image!)
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yeah, you'll have to host elsewhere and link here...
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

any ideas on the best site? I tried Flickr but it's gallery view doesn't suit the img linking.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I generally use photobucket for this kind of thing.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I use Flickr - you can easily link any individual image st a range of sizes....
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

maybe it's an iOS thing again, but I can't seem to generate a URL to an image as wool work for img tagging, Have you used photobucket from a mobile device Si?