How to add a pic to your post

Diapason

Re: How to add a pic to your post

Post by Diapason »

I have, and there's an app called Snapbucket that links to it in Android world at least.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I use Flickr for serious photos and photobucket for internet crap. I'm pretty sure you could use Dropbox to hold images for uploading too. (I use it for Facebook)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Yeah, Flickr for serious photos too, or at least I used to. Photobucket has a different app now which seems more intuitive than snapbucket, btw. Just installed it.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

cheers lads, I'll give that a go
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

OK guys, I've been reviewing the posting images thing.

So up until now, if you wanted to display an image, you had to hos tit elsewhere. In other words, you took teh pic and either uploaded it on flickr, pix, imagebucket or similar and then posted the link in your post. This meant that the traffic to the site was the same, but the actual size of the site stayed reasonable. Too much local storage of large images (yes, loads of people will just lazily upload full res files) means we run out of server space etc etc.

However, I also appreciate that it means there is extra work for something like the guess teh album thread. So I've changed the rules in the background to allow more images to be posted. There are some restrictions to keep it from going ridiculous:

Files must be <128kb
Image size for uploaded files must be smaller than 1000x1000 pixels
If images from elsewhere are linked, and they are huge, they will only be displayed at a max of 1000px on the longest side.

So what does this mean? If you are posting images from your phone, camera whatever, resize them to meet the requirements above. A good setting to use is 800px on the longest side @72dpi. Ivor linked back up the thread on some freeware to resize....

Hope its helpful!! Let me know if there's any hassles...

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

Hi Fran

Just noticed that under my user control panel there is a button to manage attachments. So I deleted all the older ones. Would it be worth issuing a heads up on this feature to let everyone know you can do this, if it saves some space. Apologies if you have already done so.

Cheers