Marten Design Bird Speakers for sale.

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
BRIANO

Marten Design Bird Speakers for sale.

Post by BRIANO »

I have for sale what can only be described as ,well I guess the following review say's it all.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue4 ... n_bird.htm

Finished in Piano Black Gloss,not one mark,scratch,or even finger print to be seen.Price €13,500.

Many of the lads here on the forum have listened these speakers on the end of a Wadia,Airtight ATM2 combo,and thankfully all to date have reported very positive comments.Owing both the size and weight of the speakers "47Kg" each,any genuinely interested parties can arrange transport to audition these at their own place,subject to certain terms.After all they are rather expensive speakers and I'm sure you understand my concerns about damage etc.Photos to follow!I can be contacted at my home number 01-8557910.Located in central Dublin.

Regards
Brian.
DSCN1659.jpg
DSCN1659.jpg (176 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
DSCN1666.jpg
DSCN1666.jpg (142.45 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
DSCN1668.jpg
DSCN1668.jpg (184.1 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
DaveF

Re: Marten Design Bird Speakers for sale.

Post by DaveF »

would love to be in a position to try them out, they are a special speaker indeed. Anyway how are the Audioplans?
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
BRIANO

Post by BRIANO »

Hi Dave

The Audioplans are just fine,how's the new Wadia?Will catch up with you on Sunday at Frans place.

Brian.
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Good luck with the sale. I heard the Marten Design Coltranes about 4 months back and really liked them.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
BRIANO

Post by BRIANO »

Good luck with the sale. I heard the Marten Design Coltranes about 4 months back and really liked them.
Thanks "HiFiFan" for your kind wishes.The "Coltranes" are indeed a truly remarkable speaker,and the ones that got me looking,and listening in the first place,but having spoken to Leif Olosson of "Marten Design" prior to the purchase of the Bird speakers,he did admit that they are extremely close sonically.His words not mine!Obviously the cabinet design is radically different,and so the materials in the Coltranes are always going to cost a lot more to construct.To be honest the only reason I'm selling, is I can no longer justify their use for the limited time I get to listen these days,so my loss will be someones bargain of a lifetime.As you can see from the review above the original cost was $30k.

Ps Price drop to €13,000 ono.

Brian
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Free and shameless bump:

Just to add, these are incredible speakers - really good. Probably at the top of what I've ever heard. On top of that, Brian is a gent to deal with!! He's the kind of fella who cleans the carpet in his car with a toothbrush.... so you get the idea of how babied these speakers are!

Like others, I would love to be the new owner of these!!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Just wish I could afford them!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
BRIANO

Post by BRIANO »

Fran wrote:Free and shameless bump:

Just to add, these are incredible speakers - really good. Probably at the top of what I've ever heard. On top of that, Brian is a gent to deal with!! He's the kind of fella who cleans the carpet in his car with a toothbrush.... so you get the idea of how babied these speakers are!

Like others, I would love to be the new owner of these!!

Fran
Thank's Fran
Well if anyone is indeed interested in these speakers,just give me a shout.Oh price drop €12500.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

BRIANO wrote:.......Oh price drop €12500.
go on.......keep goin. ;-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
BRIANO

Post by BRIANO »

DaveF wrote:
BRIANO wrote:.......Oh price drop €12500.
go on.......keep goin. ;-)
Put your money where your mouth is

Jesus how low do you want me to go? Not content with robbing me once!!!,BTW how is the Music First and Gamut? You now want me to give away these speakers for less than half their value.Have you no shame?
Regards
Brian.