Home Trial offer of modified Hiface USB devices

jkeny

Re: Home Trial offer of modified Hiface USB devices

Post by jkeny »

Cool, let's pencil in next Sunday. Do you want me to see if Fran, Derek are interested, too?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote:Cool, let's pencil in next Sunday. Do you want me to see if Fran, Derek are interested, too?
sur' why not.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Hard to say definitely this far out but Sunday should be ok for me...

I can bring a dac.
Do or do not, there is no try
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Fran wrote:Hard to say definitely this far out but Sunday should be ok for me...

I can bring a dac.
I intend to bring a
- MK2 Hiface with SPDIF out
- MK2 Hiface with DAC built-in i.e analogue out (the one that I hope to compare to the M2tech Young Dac in Claus's set-up)
- maybe a MK2 Hiface with I2S out
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Just keep in mind John that whatever you bring needs to eventually connect to bog standard RCA inputs.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ivor wrote:Just keep in mind John that whatever you bring needs to eventually connect to bog standard RCA inputs.
Don't worry Ivor - I won't be bringing any prototypes with flying wires (except to connect to Fran's Buffalo, if he wants to bring it?)
www.Ciunas.biz
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

will we say 2:00pm then? That will give me time to tidy away the CDs from the couch, floor, table etc.

jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ivor wrote:will we say 2:00pm then? That will give me time to tidy away the CDs from the couch, floor, table etc.
That's fine with me Ivor. PM me your address again please.
www.Ciunas.biz
tony

Post by tony »

"MK2 Hiface with DAC built-in i.e analogue out (the one that I hope to compare to the M2tech Young Dac in Claus's set-up"

Is that your next production release? Does it include the battery operation of your modified unit? Not in the market yet for one but would certainly like to here it at some stage.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote:"MK2 Hiface with DAC built-in i.e analogue out (the one that I hope to compare to the M2tech Young Dac in Claus's set-up"

Is that your next production release? Does it include the battery operation of your modified unit? Not in the market yet for one but would certainly like to here it at some stage.
Yes, Tony, that's the one! Battery operation too, like the MK2 but this one doesn't rely on the external power for anything other than recharging the the battery.

Oh yeh, forgot to add it will drive headphones directly from the analogue outs also!
www.Ciunas.biz