Home Trial offer of modified Hiface USB devices

jkeny

Home Trial offer of modified Hiface USB devices

Post by jkeny »

As I said before Christmas, I am happy to send out (or to bring to anybody in Dublin)
- modified Hiface USB - SPDIF output + RF attenuators + PS
- modified Hiface USB + DAC device - analogue output + PS
To anybody who wants to try these out in their home system.

This could just be a listening session & I take it away afterwards or I can leave it with them for a week if they secure it with a €300 paypal payment in advance. This would be fully refundable once returned in the same condition as received. So apart from any postage this would be at no cost to the end-user.

The modified Hiface is reviewed here in MK1 & MK2 form. http://tirnahifi.org/reviews/?page_id=193
The modified Hiface DAC hasn't been reviewed yet but will be getting a face-off session against a M2tech Young DAC (£700) in the near future, courtesy of Claus.

Ivor volunteered & was promised to be first in line for this & I would be happy to bring this to his house anytime he suggests!

Could others post here if they are interested, please.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ivor

Re: Home Trial offer of modified Hiface USB devices

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote: Ivor volunteered & was promised to be first in line for this & I would be happy to bring this to his house anytime he suggests!
Mad busy this coming weekend but pencil me in for the 5th or 6th Feb if that's ok. You know where I am.
Might I suggest you load something familiar/standard on the laptop such as The Dali CD? It means we can easily do direct and quick comparisons between sources.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ivor wrote:
jkeny wrote: Ivor volunteered & was promised to be first in line for this & I would be happy to bring this to his house anytime he suggests!
Mad busy this coming weekend but pencil me in for the 5th or 6th Feb if that's ok. You know where I am.
Sure, I'll do that!
Might I suggest you load something familiar/standard on the laptop such as The Dali CD? It means we can easily do direct and quick comparisons between sources.
Sounds like a good idea - where do I get the Dali CD? I suppose I could copy any CD onto disk at the time of test also?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote: where do I get the Dali CD? I suppose I could copy any CD onto disk at the time of test also?
Well I have a copy here (obviously) so yeah, while we're plugging and unplugging it can be ripped.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ivor, I know it's short notice but would you be interested in a listening session tomorrow, Sat 29th? No problem if it doesn't suit. Maybe Fran will be around too - I'm seeing him tonight & will ask him.
www.Ciunas.biz
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote:Ivor, I know it's short notice but would you be interested in a listening session tomorrow, Sat 29th? No problem if it doesn't suit. Maybe Fran will be around too - I'm seeing him tonight & will ask him.
'fraid not John, a lot on all day. No harm in askin' but I can't sorry.

jkeny

Post by jkeny »

No problem. Another Saturday, maybe next week?
www.Ciunas.biz
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote:.....maybe next week?
That was the original plan.....

jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Oh, sorry, I didn't remember - hope I didn't appear pushy then!
www.Ciunas.biz
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote:Oh, sorry, I didn't remember - hope I didn't appear pushy then!
Not at all old bean. Lots happening at the moment but I'll keep next week end free - Sunday is best for me but I could do Saturday either.