monoblocs and pre

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
paulb

monoblocs and pre

Post by paulb »

antique sound lab AV-20 monoblocks and QA 2004 pre in good condition for sale looking for 370.pics by e-mail
Ivor

Re: monoblocs and pre

Post by Ivor »

a guy on boards.ie was looking for reasonable valve amps so I posted your ad there.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
paulb

Post by paulb »

thanks, Ivor
gigitu

Post by gigitu »

Hi, are the monoblocs still for sale?
thanks

gigitu
paulb

Post by paulb »

still available
gigitu

Post by gigitu »

Sorry I missed ur post. Are they in full working order?
paulb

Post by paulb »

the power amps are ok the pre is missing a valve at the moment...12au7 should be easy to find....just didnt have the time and i have another pre im using at the moment
gigitu

Post by gigitu »

okay, i will look about and see what the finding one is like. would I be able to hear it before deciding?
thanks

p.s. u were selling the royd speakers ?
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

gigitu wrote:okay, i will look about and see what the finding one is like. would I be able to hear it before deciding?
thanks
In fairness they're among the most common and cheapest valves around. I'd happliy lend you guys one for a demo but the ones I have aren't cheap or spare.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
paulb

Post by paulb »

you can listen to them in my system.that valve is easy to find but went to this shop 5 weeks ago and they keep telling me they are getting them next week.....and next week...its close to my work so im patient...