Tick, tock....what's up with the clock?

Seán

Tick, tock....what's up with the clock?

Post by Seán »

The Forum clock is slow, it's out by more than an hour. Just thought that I'd mention it.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Derek

Re: Tick, tock....what's up with the clock?

Post by Derek »

You're on FORUM TIME here
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Seán wrote:The Forum clock is slow, it's out by more than an hour. Just thought that I'd mention it.
if you tell teh system you're GMT (or UTC) -1 it will show the right time. It's in your profile.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

If you go to:

User control panel
board preferences
down to the bottom, make sure you have selected "UTC, GMT etc"
Under that select the radio button to turn on DST/summer settings.

Now you should be right on time....

The idea behind this feature is that you see the forum time as local to you whereever you are in the world, rather than the time as recorded on the server the forum is hosted on.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Except I think it's still wrong, Fran. It should be correct at the moment if you set your timezone to GMT and then tick the box that DST is not currently in effect. It's an hour out if you do that.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

mmm, but ti displayed the correct time for me this morning when I did that. Odd - but indeed it is an hour out now.

The other thing that's wrong is the "last visited" info. It shows my last visit as last night when I logged in this morning.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Think it's all working swimmingly now.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2