Americana and suchlike

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
tweber

Re: Americana and suchlike

Post by tweber »

Cyndale wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:20 pm I got it in Freebird in the secondhand section, when I brought it up to the counter Philip said it was brand new, just didn't sell, go figure! I also have the Buddy & Julie Miller LP as well.

Nice find. Buddy's pretty cool
tweber

Post by tweber »

Picked this up at the weekend, all instrumentals, soundtrack to accompany Willy's latest novel. Really good too.
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

I bought this LP recently on the strength of hearing a couple of songs by Gillian Welch....

Dave Rawlings - Poor Dave's Almanack, huge Neil Young influence...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjnTSBhUSlw

Analog recording and a beautiful, quiet pressings.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Cyndale wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 pm I bought this LP recently on the strength of hearing a couple of songs by Gillian Welch....

I really like this one... not immediately likeable but it grows on you. Usually a sign of a great long term album.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Have you got Gillian Welch's - The Harrow & The Harvest?
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Cyndale wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:45 pm Have you got Gillian Welch's - The Harrow & The Harvest?
Not on vinyl. So it doesn't count!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

The Harrow and The Harvest was €39.99 for a single LP. I passed on it, then a couple of weeks ago I came across it stuck in with a load of rubbish country stuff for €31, a bit more palatable, so I snagged it. Beautiful sounding record I have to say.

It's practically impossible to get now!
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Ivor wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 pm
Cyndale wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 pm I bought this LP recently on the strength of hearing a couple of songs by Gillian Welch....

I really like this one... not immediately likeable but it grows on you. Usually a sign of a great long term album.
If you ever get a chance to see Welch and Rawlings live, pounce on it. First saw them live at Midlands 2007 in Mullingar, then in Bord Gais (totally unsuitable for their music) and last year in Clearwater, Florida (in a wonderfully restored music-hall theatre). Two of the finest musicians on the planet, and lovely down-to-earth people with no pretentiousness.
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

k99_64

Post by k99_64 »

Damn netflix making me go back to Bill Callahan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMQ0CeXYd54