Americana and suchlike

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
tweber

Re: Americana and suchlike

Post by tweber »

Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Just recieved these two beauties on vinyl from Discogs, in near mint condition. For 40 year old vinyl the sound production played on my LP12 is just stunning , just about blows away most modern pressings. Especially on the Glen Campbell - 'By the Time I Get to Phoenix' it just fills the room with joy!
C Rich.jpg
C Rich.jpg (21.18 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Glen Campbell.jpg
Glen Campbell.jpg (42.05 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Finally got this on vinyl, the Delines - Colfax ...Featuring Willy Vlautin from Richmond Fontaine and members of The Decemberists, Minus 5 and the Damnations. The debut album from The Delines, Colfax is a stunning & timeless collection of songs with the intimacy of a midnight confessional. "Sublime suite of Americana heartbreak" - Uncut Magazine

Got to be on my album of the year list in this or any other genre. Also one of best gigs of the year, with their 'sublime americana heartbreak' and haunting soulful voice of singer Amy Boone perfectly suited to intimate surroundings of the Errigle Inn Belfast
Attachments
delines.jpg
delines.jpg (40.11 KiB) Viewed 663 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Bannjo wrote:Finally got this on vinyl, the Delines - Colfax ...Featuring Willy Vlautin from Richmond Fontaine and members of The Decemberists, Minus 5 and the Damnations. The debut album from The Delines, Colfax is a stunning & timeless collection of songs with the intimacy of a midnight confessional. "Sublime suite of Americana heartbreak" - Uncut Magazine

Got to be on my album of the year list in this or any other genre. Also one of best gigs of the year, with their 'sublime americana heartbreak' and haunting soulful voice of singer Amy Boone perfectly suited to intimate surroundings of the Errigle Inn Belfast
Been trying to get that in vinyl for ages Bannjo, Willy Vlautin is one of my favourite song writers.
Enjoying Hurray for the Riff Raff album at the moment - good recommendation!
Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

T'is all Ivors doing, it can be got in Sick Records in Belfast if you are passing that way. Glad you liked the Hurray for the Riff Raff :)
markof

Post by markof »

makes me feel good just to be alive.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

markof wrote:Image

makes me feel good just to be alive.

that's on my list. For tomorrow.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Ivor wrote: that's on my list. For tomorrow.

could only get the CD this morning but still... it's bloody good!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:Image
He's supposed to be coming to Ireland sometime next year. The only album I have of his is the Live double on United Artists which is terrific....I forget the year but it was a long time ago :)