Americana and suchlike

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
fergus

Re: Americana and suchlike

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:
fergus wrote:Image
He's supposed to be coming to Ireland sometime next year. The only album I have of his is the Live double on United Artists which is terrific....I forget the year but it was a long time ago :)
The only albums of his that I have Dermot are Tapestry and American Pie which I think are both wonderful. He certainly had a different perspective on Life and The World which was reflected in his wonderful lyrics.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
tweber

Post by tweber »

Bannjo wrote:Finally got this on vinyl, the Delines - Colfax ...Featuring Willy Vlautin from Richmond Fontaine and members of The Decemberists, Minus 5 and the Damnations. The debut album from The Delines, Colfax is a stunning & timeless collection of songs with the intimacy of a midnight confessional. "Sublime suite of Americana heartbreak" - Uncut Magazine

Got to be on my album of the year list in this or any other genre. Also one of best gigs of the year, with their 'sublime americana heartbreak' and haunting soulful voice of singer Amy Boone perfectly suited to intimate surroundings of the Errigle Inn Belfast
Been listening to this a lot today- Stunning vocals, great music. "Sublime" is a major understatement
Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Glad you like ;) and speaking of sublime vocals just got hold of Lucinda's latest. For a double album the quality is remarkably consistent looking forward to getting more into it
Lucinda 1.jpg
Lucinda 1.jpg (46.38 KiB) Viewed 738 times
tweber

Post by tweber »

Old timey goodness!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

This one on CD

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Recorded in Merle Haggard's living room... no overdubs. A lovely intimate album.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Picked up for €9.99 in freebird this is an absolute gem....

and one of my favourite songs ever...

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Doin' a bit of shopping in Tesco and spotted this for €8. Now I already have a few Willie Nelson "Essential" compilations but this had a few different tracks, enough to tempt me! Some of the production is a bit cheesy but he's an amazing songwriter and fine singer too...

Claus

Post by Claus »

Bannjo wrote:Glad you like ;) and speaking of sublime vocals just got hold of Lucinda's latest. For a double album the quality is remarkably consistent looking forward to getting more into it
Lucinda 1.jpg
Very nice on vinyl! Great guitars, no BS recording. Wow!
Also in the haul:

Also very good: