Americana and suchlike

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Americana and suchlike

Post by Ivor »

I saw these guys on Other Voices the other night and wanted more. More came in the shape of their 2 disc vinyl release
"gather form & fly" and its digital download. Great stuff altogether, 3 bushy beards, a banjo and an ovrly keen drummer make for a sound that touches a lot of genres. There's shades of Bon Iver (shared band members from years ago explains that) and their North Carolina roots shine through.
Review will follow.

Here they are on OV, the best bit is "Kaufmans Ballad" about 5:30 in...
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewozolx7Ays
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Americana and suchlike

Post by Fran »

I heard them too on OV but couldn't catch their name.... must go have a listen to that now.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:I heard them too on OV but couldn't catch their name.... must go have a listen to that now.

Fran
I might have a backup of that download somewhere.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Backups are great ...... and you know for best data security you should have the backup at a different location to your main copy!

Fran
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Backups are great ...... and you know for best data security you should have the backup at a different location to your main copy!

Fran
Would that different location be just outside Naas? Is it secure?

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

affirmative cap'n
bod

Post by bod »

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I think there was a Free Willie with one of the Sunday rags.

Raymo

Post by Raymo »

While I recognise his importace over the years, never really a Willie fan, always preferred the Guy Clark/Rodney Crowell/Robert Earl Keen/Terry Allen etc "Texas" country sound. Having said that, his new CD "Country Music" is very good - superb backing band of grizzled veterans, great old songs (& a great string bass!) Recommended