Anyone tried JPlay?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Anyone tried JPlay?

Post by Fran »

While its a nice round up of a visit to the show (I had looked into getting to this one, but flight times/prices etc made it come out ~€400 for 2 nights) I really dislike the run of that blog.
Do or do not, there is no try
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

I installed an update for JRiver and this message appeared???

Jplay is a Hoax
JRiver recommends that you uninstall Jplay. It adds a layer of sound processing that can degrade sound quality, performance, and stability.

You will achieve the best sound quality with JRiver alone.

The author of the foobar player agrees.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Eh...?!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Read this for further enjoyment. http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... p?t=138194
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Scary stuff.Very threatening world for dac users we must thread carefully. No other format gets such a toasting. If a thread started here about cd players I just couldn't imagine jumping in advising that everyone is talking rubbish because the players are not level matched etc etc. The guy in favour of Jplay has amazing patience or else he is just allowing the loons to dig a bigger hole.
None of these guys seem to listen with their ears it is all some kind of vague tests.Sure leave in at it I will struggle on with my dodgy jplay software.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ken Moreland wrote:Read this for further enjoyment. http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... p?t=138194
KM
Some of them guys wouldnt want to be posting here on the computer audio threads, we would have a very hard time proving our sanity. think we would be well fit to blind test it
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Fairly savage stuff over there isn't it?

Interestingly, the posts on the jriver forum seem to have been removed now, ie the source material is now gone!

If you're interested in the whole debunking thing, hydrogen audio forums are a good place to hang out.

I wonder where the guys get the energy to keep on at circular arguments like that. What the f£$% difference does it make. If people are happy listneing to it who cares. I often note that the no difference brigade always, always, manage to rise a row by saying "you're not hearing a difference, or if you are then you've set it all up wrong" ie you're a dope and a fool.

No wonder lads come back with an attitude!!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: If a thread started here about cd players I just couldn't imagine jumping in advising that everyone is talking rubbish because the players are not level matched etc etc.
Oh we did have something like that for a while on the previous version of this forum. The classic "Sur' it's all 1 and 0s anyway... it CAN'T sound different". Nobody jumped in to argue but a few months later that claim was retracted!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:I often note that the no difference brigade always, always, manage to rise a row by saying "you're not hearing a difference, or if you are then you've set it all up wrong" ie you're a dope and a fool.
The school of "if I can't hear it then you can't either!". Always a good start to a reasoned debate.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Claus

Post by Claus »

I agree. What gets me annoyed is the conventions that shift every time a trend (wind) changes.... Like: "computer audio can't sound good", then change to "computer audio sounds best". Then "vinyl is best", then suddenly "vinyl is rubbish". Then it is valves, class A, NOS DACs etc. etc. Why can people not accept that it's like wine... or coffee: everyone likes different flavours (what they buy usually)... and often even these preferences change! I can shake my head quietly at those who can hear the difference between rhodium and copper spades on their speaker cables but I don't feel any need to redicule them publicly.... They probably laugh at my PC audio with linear power supplies and WTG sticks and what not...