Anyone tried JPlay?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jkeny

Re: Anyone tried JPlay?

Post by jkeny »

Aren't they some cuckoos over there? I gave up bothering with them & resigned from that forum telling the owner Tony: that he allowed that rabble to control & censor the forum. He claimed that it was a balanced discussion (but he also believes that all DACs sound pretty much the same).

In another thread, the same group ("the usual suspects") are basically telling John Westlake (JohnW), the very experienced DAC developer & man behind some famous DACs, that his mods to his latest DAC will make no difference as it is already transparent. So basically telling him that he is wasting his time after he has evaluated the mods & their sound improvement. What £$£$$^& arrogant idiots they are. http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... p?t=138499

I've only ever seen JohnW lose it twice & it was with this group too who basically told him he was deluded in saying that he heard what he heard.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

I think the trick here is not to engage as it is pointless. They will just keep repeating the same mantra about blind testing and needing proof and it all sounds the same. The more evidence etc produced will just be met with the same response as that is the only game being played.
Life is too short to waste on those threads.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:I think the trick here is not to engage as it is pointless. They will just keep repeating the same mantra about blind testing and needing proof and it all sounds the same. The more evidence etc produced will just be met with the same response as that is the only game being played.
Life is too short to waste on those threads.
pointless endless arguing, theres no point engaging as no one will win
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

I find it fascinating....

Its just how angry they get, and how quickly!!

no doubt someone will become the new Pavlov after studying the effects that discussion with no physical interaction has on the (sub-)human psyche!!
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Jplay 6 Beta available on request from support@jplay.eu
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Listening to it at the moment Ken and it does sound good, going to do more switching between MQN & JPlay but so far difficult to hear any difference.
Runs right up to DSD now with CPU on 800Mhz which I could never do before so less intense on the CPU.

Post by tony »

Sligolad wrote:Listening to it at the moment Ken and it does sound good, going to do more switching between MQN & JPlay but so far difficult to hear any difference.
Runs right up to DSD now with CPU on 800Mhz which I could never do before so less intense on the CPU.
Pearse are you using Ultrastream? Working here but not on Ultrastream. Hibernate is a pita with one pc. Will have to get a 5m usb cable extension!
Have to read the manual if there is one on the settings made something is amiss there.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I am using Ultrastream Tony, initially only got it working with 40Hz DAC Link and 0.5 sec PC Buffer.
After persisting I now have it working on 1Hz DAC Link and 0.5 sec PC Buffer.
I am posting updates on JPlay, sounds very good.
I have not tried Hibernate yet as it sounds good without it.

Post by tony »

Sligolad wrote:I am using Ultrastream Tony, initially only got it working with 40Hz DAC Link and 0.5 sec PC Buffer.
After persisting I now have it working on 1Hz DAC Link and 0.5 sec PC Buffer.
I am posting updates on JPlay, sounds very good.
I have not tried Hibernate yet as it sounds good without it.
It does sound very good. Have hibernate working set it to singlepc in regedit (just edit 0 to 1,it requires a reboot)
Gordon will have get over that cold and start coding again:)

I saw your review on Jplay very nice. Looks like they have moved things a good bit on again.
Claus

Post by Claus »

Sounding great this morning here. For dsd128 I can't go 1hz.
2.5Hz and 0.5 sec works.
This is on server 2012 r2. I3 NUC.