Cloney's Sound and Vision Show 2011

DaveF

Re: Cloney's Sound and Vision Show 2011

Post by DaveF »

Diapason wrote:I, on the other hand, am a clean slate...
If you're looking to upgrade Simon and the computer audio route doesnt appeal to you then obviously the full stack dCS solution is your only option. **

**I may or may not be serious.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

As soon as that 6 figure bonus I'm expecting lands in my bank account.**

** I am entirely not serious.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

It's what I did when I got a few years' worth of back pay a few years ago! With things as they are now I'm expecting someone along to look for that money back!

I tells ya, having a dCS stack at home is a good way to ruin a hi-fi show!
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ciaran wrote:It's what I did when I got a few years' worth of back pay a few years ago! With things as they are now I'm expecting someone along to look for that money back!

I tells ya, having a dCS stack at home is a good way to ruin a hi-fi show!
We never did manage to organise a comparison between the dCS & my DAC or MK3 devices :) I'm available whenever suits & very interested in doing this you if you are still interested?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

jkeny wrote:We never did manage to organise a comparison between the dCS & my DAC or MK3 devices :) I'm available whenever suits & very interested in doing this you if you are still interested?
I'm still interested, but still short of time: I nearly didn't go to the Cloney show! We might be able to do it in few weeks!
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Ken Moreland wrote:
jkeny wrote:
Sligolad wrote:.......
To more serious Hi Fi matters.
It is with great sadness that i announce the retirement of my Yound DAC....sadness over and on to more joyous matters!
I have just listened to Hard Nose the Highway by Van Morrison for the umpteenth time and i have never had such an enjoyable listening experience.
All credit for this goes to the new JKDAC which i picked up from John after the show.
From now on the discussion on digital versus analogue source is not relevant anymore, using Jplay and Johns new DAC with valve amplification and electrostatics ticks all my boxes.

The show has been a real win win for me so lets hope next years is at least as good.
Great, Pearse, thanks for posting. I'm glad the JKDAC32 ticked all your boxes on your home system & you find it better than the Young DAC. It should also improve some more over the next couple of weeks burn-in :)
Pearse, very impressed with how quickly you chose the JKDAC32 over the renowned Young Dac. Perhaps you'ld give us a fuller review when you get a chance. (You can see how I'm thinking here.)
John , nice link-up with Jplay.

KM
Hope to get time for some serious listening next weekend Ken and then i will give a better impression of the comparison.

Post by giant haystacks »

i was down both days i thought it was a fantastic show and i hope the cloneys do good buisness from this
i heard headphones for the first time and there was an open framed one i liked better than the top stax which was called an 007 i think . i gave lars a hard out drilling gold and silver contact not rhodium -dedicated earth most important of all,
usa plug not 15a, euro,or 13a british isles-he only had one 13a plug in his demonstration
isolation around the mains cable block he said aluminium -brass-and the other i cant remember they once made expensive pulsar points out of this material i asked about acrylic as a material for this job
i thought that big shiney devilant was just a class d amp it does a lot of jobs someone said in earlier posts
there was a man in at roy gregory lecture front dead centre seated who allowed no questions so it was hard to find out things -the riaa demonstration was very impressive
maybe some of the other forum members could tell was it record player, phonostage
devilant ,
i thought the highlight of the show was a bookshelf systeym audio speaker i think this speaker has vast potential and while it was giving the accurate crisp hifi sound i can see it being capable of much more musicallity .i heard a few other bigger ones also
thanks to the cloneys once again