Quad esl 63 pair - need work

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
peelaaa

Quad esl 63 pair - need work

Post by peelaaa »

Hi,

I have a late serial number pair of quad 63 esl, so have all the updates. Both clicking and popping.

Would be perfect for a refurbishment.
Collection only.
Contact me for more information.

thanks

Ian
Ivor

Re: Quad esl 63 pair - need work

Post by Ivor »

peelaaa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:17 pm Hi,

I have a late serial number pair of quad 63 esl, so have all the updates. Both clicking and popping.

Would be perfect for a refurbishment.
Collection only.
Contact me for more information.

thanks

Ian
Are these the ones you bought in an "estate" sale here earlier this year?
If so please be upfront on price paid with any buyer. I appreciate you intended to refurbish or whatever but the reason he sold his late father's Hifi here was that it would have a fitting use afterwards.
I would just suggest you pass them onto someone, for roughly the same price, who could restore if possible. Ta.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

No problem,

I took a chance and got these checked via hifi hospital and they need refurbishment to work properly. Some of the panels need replacing, not all though but its recommended to replace all if getting work done by a repairer due to labour etc. If you are diy then probably could replace them over time. Or might be useful for just the working parts.

I paid 100 euros for the service report so would be happy to accept that or near abouts.

I have the report available.
Last edited by peelaaa on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

peelaaa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:42 pm No problem,
I'll update the ad for clarity
I don't doubt you for a second but I feel very protective of the guys family etc.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I'll throw my hat in the ring for these. I have another pair that I had to replace a couple of panels on, and these would be useful for spares.

I'll send you a pm and see what we can arrange.

If someone else has a burning desire to refurbish these (8 panels at around 150 each) then PM me.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

Collected today, nice to meet you Fran
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Likewise!!

Thanks peelaa for the meetup and chat