Kudos for Cloney

JAW

Kudos for Cloney

Post by JAW »

You don't often get service like this! I had an Arcam CD73 under the bed for ages, which I finally sold to a friend. I couldn't find the remote so I ordered one from Cloneys about a month ago. Popped in today and was talking to Noel about this and that for a while before I mentioned the remote. After a brief rummage he found it and refused to take payment.
Great PR!
Now I'm going to have to go back to buy something so I can hold my head up in public again. That Roxsan Xerxes he has looks as if it would knock spots off my Planar 3!
Anyway, just wanted to mention even in these dark days of recession there are still good guys around!
cybot

Re: Kudos for Cloney

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote:You don't often get service like this! I had an Arcam CD73 under the bed for ages, which I finally sold to a friend. I couldn't find the remote so I ordered one from Cloneys about a month ago. Popped in today and was talking to Noel about this and that for a while before I mentioned the remote. After a brief rummage he found it and refused to take payment.
Great PR!
Now I'm going to have to go back to buy something so I can hold my head up in public again. That Roxsan Xerxes he has looks as if it would knock spots off my Planar 3!
Anyway, just wanted to mention even in these dark days of recession there are still good guys around!

Thanks for sharing your story with us J!
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Indeed I have always enjoyed visiting Cloney's. They always have fascinating gear and some great stories as well.

I must make some time available and give them a visit soon. When life calms down a bit, if it ever calms down!!

Regards, Adrian
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Seán

Post by Seán »

JAW wrote:You don't often get service like this! I had an Arcam CD73 under the bed for ages, which I finally sold to a friend. I couldn't find the remote so I ordered one from Cloneys about a month ago. Popped in today and was talking to Noel about this and that for a while before I mentioned the remote. After a brief rummage he found it and refused to take payment.
Great PR!
That doesn't surprise me about Cloney Audio. You are right, Noel is one of the really good guys.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
JAW

Post by JAW »

In keeping with my promise to buy something from Cloneys', I picked up a second hand Clearaudio Emotion with a Sumiko Blue to replace my Rega 3. I ain't ever going out nowhere nohow ever again! That just drags information of the disc and throws it in front of you in a coherent 3D stage! I haven't been so blown away since I heard my first Linn/Grace/Supex back in the day!
cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote:In keeping with my promise to buy something from Cloneys', I picked up a second hand Clearaudio Emotion with a Sumiko Blue to replace my Rega 3. I ain't ever going out nowhere nohow ever again! That just drags information of the disc and throws it in front of you in a coherent 3D stage! I haven't been so blown away since I heard my first Linn/Grace/Supex back in the day!

Great stuff J. Somehow Yes will never sound quite the same again ..... Enjoy :-)))