SOLD New Prototype Pure Silver Interconnect Cable

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Andy S

SOLD New Prototype Pure Silver Interconnect Cable

Post by Andy S »

Due the current economic climate I have recently introduced a number of budget products to my cable range as sales of my top-of-the range cables are almost non existent at the present time.

My 99.99% pure silver Vico Signature interconnect cable is owned and used by a number of people on this forum and is an excellent cable. This is terminated with Eichmann Silver Bullet Plugs and sells for £230.00 or €270.00 for a 1.0m set.

Pure silver wire and the Eichmann Silver Bullet Plugs are very expensive to buy which reflects in the cost price of this cable.

My budget cables are terminated with the much cheaper Neutrik Gold Plated RCAs which whilst not as good as the Eichmann's they are an excellent RCA Connector.

I am soon to introduce a new cable which uses exactly the same 16awg (4 x 0.60mm twisted silver wires) conductors as the "Vico Signature" interconnect but is terminated with the cheaper Neutrik RCA Plugs. This will sell for £150.00 or €180.00 for a 1.0m pair of cables.

I made up a set of protoype cables a month ago and they have been burning in on my Blue Horizon Proburn Cable Burning machine for more than 400 hours so are completely burn't in. These were made up from some 16awg silver wire I had left from a project so are not 1.0m in length, they measure 0.86m in length from tip to tip.

I sell the 16awg wire used in this cable for £37.50 per metre so to make up a 0.86m set of cables would cost £129.00 or €152.00 in silver wire alone.

I could put these up for sale on ebay but have decided to let a Forum member have a chance to get hold of these first at a bargain price of €120.00.

I will make this set of cables available on the forum for the next 7 days before I put them on ebay.

Regards.

Andy
Last edited by Andy S on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy S

Re: For Sale - New Prototype Pure Silver Interconnect Cable

Post by Andy S »

Last chance for Forum members before I put this on Ebay tomorrow.
JAW

Post by JAW »

Hi Andy, only seeing this now. I'll take them off your hands to save you the bother of eBay. Can collect on Friday after work. Will you be in Finnegans?
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Hi JAW

Yes, there is a good chance I will be there depending upon the time you would be in Dalkey
after work?

I'll PM you my mobile no.

Regards.

Andy
robbie

Re: SOLD New Prototype Pure Silver Interconnect Cable

Post by robbie »

Andy

Just came across this ad today. If you are interested I am looking for a 1m RCA pair to go from an Olive 6HD to Linn amp. What could you do for me. Currently out of country but live in Greystones.

Robbie
Andy S

Re: SOLD New Prototype Pure Silver Interconnect Cable

Post by Andy S »

Robbie

PM Sent