Wanted - Speaker Spikes x 4

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Andy S

Wanted - Speaker Spikes x 4

Post by Andy S »

I have just acquired a new set of cheap speakers for outside use and these are sitting on a sloping
window sill on which I currently have a couple of door wedges keeping them firing horizontal.

I am planning to put a couple of speaker spikes at the front of each of these speakers to isolate them
from the window sill, I used to have loads of these lying around but a clean out a few years ago must have
seen these thrown away.

I only need 4 of these, has anyone out there got a spare 4 I can buy?

Regards.

Andy
tony

Re: Wanted - Speaker Spikes x 4

Post by tony »

I bought a couple of sets awhile ago as I had lost the spikes for a pair of speakers. I will check and pm the details.If suitable you are welcome to them. They are the type you drill a hole for the insert and then screw the spikes in but if spikes are the right thread you can screw into the existing receivers
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Thanks Tony, much apreciated, I will be drilling the speakers to accomodate the spikes so
any spec of spike would do the job.

Regards.

Andy
tony

Post by tony »

Hi Andy you have pm. Found them eventually.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Thanks Tony, PM Sent
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Tony

The spikes arrived this morning, many thanks again!

If there's anything I can help you out with to reciprocate please do no hesitate to ask.

Regards.

Andy
tony

Post by tony »

Thats not bad.The auld postal system often gets a pasting but they were posted 4 o'clock yesterday.Your more than welcome Andy. Glad a use was found for them as they would have laid in a drawer forever probably otherwise. A bit more clutter removed!