Jimi Hendrix - New PBS Documentary (Free for a Limited Time)

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Seán

Jimi Hendrix - New PBS Documentary (Free for a Limited Time)

Post by Seán »

Watch Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin’, the New PBS Documentary (Free for a Limited Time)
Definitely worth a quick mention. For a limited time, PBS is making available its latest film from its great American Masters documentary series. My Train A Comin’ traces Jimi Hendrix’s “remarkable journey from his hardscrabble beginnings in Seattle, through his stint as a US Army paratrooper and as an unknown sideman, to R&B stars until his discovery and ultimate international stardom.” It features “previously unseen footage of the 1968 Miami Pop Festival, home movies, and interviews with those closest to Jimi Hendrix.” From what we can tell, PBS will keep this film online for only a matter of days. So watch it while you can.
http://www.openculture.com/2013/11/imi- ... comin.html
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
cybot

Re: Jimi Hendrix - New PBS Documentary (Free for a Limited T

Post by cybot »

Seán wrote:
Watch Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin’, the New PBS Documentary (Free for a Limited Time)
Definitely worth a quick mention. For a limited time, PBS is making available its latest film from its great American Masters documentary series. My Train A Comin’ traces Jimi Hendrix’s “remarkable journey from his hardscrabble beginnings in Seattle, through his stint as a US Army paratrooper and as an unknown sideman, to R&B stars until his discovery and ultimate international stardom.” It features “previously unseen footage of the 1968 Miami Pop Festival, home movies, and interviews with those closest to Jimi Hendrix.” From what we can tell, PBS will keep this film online for only a matter of days. So watch it while you can.
Thanks for that Sean. Unfortunately I already got the DVD :( Sometimes I move just too fast! They also aired it on the BBC two weeks ago.....
Seán

Re: Jimi Hendrix - New PBS Documentary (Free for a Limited T

Post by Seán »

cybot wrote:
Seán wrote:
Thanks for that Sean. Unfortunately I already got the DVD :( Sometimes I move just too fast! They also aired it on the BBC two weeks ago.....
You are welcome Dermot, I was thinking of you when I started the thread. I am glad you have the DVD. In any event PBS will take the video down in a few days time.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler