My current system is.............

tweber

Re: My current system is.............

Post by tweber »

My newish Active, Biwired Naim based system. Apologies for poor quality pics.

2 x NAP150s
NAC72
NA IXO Crossover
Sony CDP790
Realistic TM100 Tuner
B&W DM603

Project Debut Carbon TT and Little Dot MK II in the man cave
cybot

Post by cybot »

Lovely system Shane. You're the Naim (groan!) man :) That's an unusual looking plug in the wall with all the cable?
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote:Lovely system Shane. You're the Naim (groan!) man :) That's an unusual looking plug in the wall with all the cable?
Thanks Dermot, my first foray into "real" hifi.
It's a Hydra. Basically 4 power leads into one plug with a common earth for them all. Supposed to improve the SQ as well as being more convenient than using power blocks. The PSU and Power amps are running off it.
Funds wouldn't stretch to fancy dan cd player but the Sony is a surprisingly good fit with the rest of the system.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:
cybot wrote:Lovely system Shane. You're the Naim (groan!) man :) That's an unusual looking plug in the wall with all the cable?
Thanks Dermot, my first foray into "real" hifi.
It's a Hydra. Basically 4 power leads into one plug with a common earth for them all. Supposed to improve the SQ as well as being more convenient than using power blocks. The PSU and Power amps are running off it.
Funds wouldn't stretch to fancy dan cd player but the Sony is a surprisingly good fit with the rest of the system.
Neat idea :) So the CDP is on the Christmas pressies list ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

DaveF wrote:
Stunning looking system Steve. Love the finish on those SF's. Do you polish them and secretly say goodnight to them daily? I know I would! :-D
Thanks for the comments on the setup guys. Dave, I've no problem admitting that the going to bed procedure regularly involves a gentle caressing of the lacquered curves whilst whispering sweet nothings towards the Italian ladies baffles...

They seem to respond well to such overtures.... :)
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM
terrybites

Post by terrybites »

Steve wrote:
I've no problem admitting that the going to bed procedure regularly involves a gentle caressing of the lacquered curves whilst whispering sweet nothings towards the Italian ladies baffles...

They seem to respond well to such overtures.... :)
+1 on those Italian curves Steve. Very beautiful speakers in all the senses. My little Auditor M's are named Epifania and Parerga.

Terry
tony

Post by tony »

Difficult to imagine Steve's system in a family room environment the stress protecting such expensive beautiful gear would be too much for me. Those Nordost cables are regarded as plastic paper cup type material to be cut up by under 5's at will.
Have to get to hear those Jadis amps at some stage and the Sonus fabers are to die for.

Very nice rack Shane and don't fret too much about the naim gear I had the same feeling when I owned Cyrus kit.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tweber

Post by tweber »

Very nice rack Shane and don't fret too much about the naim gear I had the same feeling when I owned Cyrus kit
Thanks Tony, I'm happy anyway. Big step up from my previous Cambridge Audio gear.
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

tweber wrote:
Very nice rack Shane and don't fret too much about the naim gear I had the same feeling when I owned Cyrus kit
Thanks Tony, I'm happy anyway. Big step up from my previous Cambridge Audio gear.

Why would one fret about Naim gear?

All us Naim owners are safe in the knowledge that we own the best hifi ever made!!!

SJB
tony

Post by tony »

That is what I was trying to say John!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.