Calexico in the Olympia

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
tony

Calexico in the Olympia

Post by tony »

Took a punt on this. I have one their albums. I thought there was a link already posted about this concert by Terry but can't find it.
Very enjoyable. Very talented group I would have preferred a bit more mex than Cal. His vocals wasn't wild about but the Mexican guy who sang some tracks was excellent. Typical solid americans 2hrs solid and heard enough to do a bit more digging on their back catalogue.

Small world bumped into Terry in the Jacks!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
TrickyDicky

Re: Calexico in the Olympia

Post by TrickyDicky »

tony wrote:
... bumped into Terry in the Jacks!
Didn't he sing "Seasons in the Sun" back in the 70's?
tony

Post by tony »

Yes! that's the guy still looks great after all these years.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Spotted you straight off Tony with your Quad, Lamp, Maplin owners club embroidered head gear. Nice.

Bumped into Claus in the bar and we was hopeful you might join us but no show. With you on the gig... a tad disjointed but massively talented and musical all the same.

Would have enjoyed The Staves next night if I'd known.

T
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.
tony

Post by tony »

Ah didn't realize Terry pity about that. I was with my wife and we had been out before the concert hence didn't need refueling prior to Calexico coming on. Haven't a clue who the support band were but even though the music wouldn't be my fav thought they were very good also.
Terry

Post by Terry »

tony wrote:Haven't a clue who the support band were but even though the music wouldn't be my fav thought they were very good also.
Claus and I enjoyed them too Tony. 'I Draw Slow' - playing Whelans June 25th.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=16kHhHK5OKc
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.