Introduction - very short story - invitation

Darek

Re: Introduction - very short story - invitation

Post by Darek »

Dear all
Thank you for your positive feedback.
It was a absolute pleasure to have you there and to look to your enthusiasm when the music was on.
Mrs Dariusz sends her regards as well big thank you. :)
giant haystacks

Post by giant haystacks »

it was a wonderful sound i felt like clapping the room was filled with sound even at very low volume
roof tiles no furniture didnt seem to matter
all his work is so classey a rega record player owner could have many upgrades
very nice to speak to dariuz wife who went to led zepplin at 12 years old .and nige 2000 who translated tyrone while opening the champagne many thanks for now
Darek

Post by Darek »

Hi

Thanks again, if somebody will like to hear them and couldn't make thru last weekend please call me and we can organize something (for example my apartment can easy fit 3-5 listeners).

As well I will like to assure you that is only the beginning and I will like to organize weekend events more often.

Last weekend was dedicated for open baffle speakers but for the next one I already have plan;

I was thinking about my almost finished phono-stage, Wand tonearm's and of course speakers again and some extra bits (still under tests).

Let me know if you think it can be interested please.

Have good day

Darek
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Darek wrote:
As well I will like to assure you that is only the beginning and I will like to organize weekend events more often.

I was thinking about my almost finished phono-stage, Wand tonearm's and of course speakers again and some extra bits (still under tests).
I would think so Darek, frankly there's not enough HiFi "get togethers" in Ireland and while many of us meet up in small groups in our own houses an event centered around various pieces of equipment would get us off our arses!
Cables, phono amps and pre amps are always of interest - although cables are time consuming to demo. I know I'd like to hear that Wand tone arm with various cartridges. It's an affordable upgrade.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Visit to the royal county yesterday for some political discourse and a listen to Ken's new open baffle thingies.
Hugely impressive in a living room environment. Immense detail but no associated harshness,big soundstage and really taut bass.
Usual Oscar Peterson track sounded sublime. Couple that with the ability to go insanely loud and still remain coherent would highly recommend them to be auditioned if in the market for speakers. They look great in gloss black thankfully Ken passed up the chance to go bright gloss yellow. Really special speakers and great that you can get to hear them in Dublin often this type of speaker requires a leap of faith (i.e purchase abroad and hope it sounds ok when you receive it)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Here's a pic.

and here's a rear shot .

Speakers are really as good as Tony says. Note uwtfplay running on the PC. Auditioners welcome.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Looking great in situ, Ken!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Thanks Simon. I really didn't like the black look at Dariusz's show but when I saw them at home I was smitten.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'll also wager they should perform even better at home, given what I knew about the sound of them in Darek's gaff...

What amp are you using, btw?

Edit: Gamut, right? Should have read your sig! I'd say that's a quality pairing.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Darek

Post by Darek »

Thank you guys for warm words

If somebody like to have a listening session You are more then welcome simply call my phone 0860449924. (in my living room I can fit easily 4-5 bodies in one session)

From my side I can promise coffee, wine, good music (you should have yours beloved tracks with you) and quite comfy sofa :)

At the moment I have almost ready for audition (still about 100 hours to go but first 100 already gone) new version of TRIO 15 with neodymium drivers.

In a week time TRIO 10 with upgraded crossovers ready for auditions as well.

My version of Frugal Horn MKIII (really surprising)

Also just finished phono stage and as usual plenty of turntables like upgraded Linn LP12, Rega and much more.

D.