wtfplay project - it's official

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Sligolad

Re: wtfplay project - it's official

Post by Sligolad »

Another good reason is being too busy listening to music....after going to WTFPlay i started listening to full albums again which is something I only then realized i had not done in years.

Post by cvrle59 »

Sligolad wrote:Another good reason is being too busy listening to music....after going to WTFPlay i started listening to full albums again which is something I only then realized i had not done in years.
Rather than listening "sample/testing tracks" over and over to test which version wins...at least in my case...:)
I found it interesting at some point, but got tired of it after awhile.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
jrling

Post by jrling »

Sligolad wrote:Another good reason is being too busy listening to music....after going to WTFPlay i started listening to full albums again which is something I only then realized i had not done in years.
Me too! Just switch it on and two minutes later an album is playing - beautifully.
What more can one ask for the money!!

Thanks frd
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
sima66

Post by sima66 »

With MQn is also possible to play the full album......or any long/short playlist!
That is just a fact and I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone!

Thanks to Fryderck and Gordon for the effort and time that they put on this players!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
tony

Post by tony »

sima66 wrote:With MQn is also possible to play the full album......or any long/short playlist!
That is just a fact and I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone!

Thanks to Fryderck and Gordon for the effort and time that they put on this players!
I think you are getting the wrong end of the stick there Adam. Pearse is just saying he is listening to a complete album rather than individual tracks. As it stands MQn using total commander has the ability to select a variety of tracks from an album or all the album. WTFplay does not have that feature.

We all acknowledge both their efforts. I don't think there has been an exciting thread as MQn in any forum Gordon will always have that accolade no matter which player ends up being the 'best' or more favoured by people.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
frd1996

Post by frd1996 »

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that wtfplay-live 0.6 is ready for download.

This release includes playback navigation and a few other changes. The details can be found in the release notes at:

http://wtfplay-project.org/rnotes.html

The link to the download directory can be found here.

Enjoy!
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Hi Fryderyk,

excellent!
Clearness improved again, listening now to i7 avx version in standard setup.

Navigation works fine. Moving forward 1 minute more than two times quickly pushed produces each time one click in my system. But thats minor, just want to let you know.

Thank's to you and your team for your efforts!

Take care
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
tony

Post by tony »

Octagon wrote:Hi Fryderyk,

excellent!
Clearness improved again,
Thomas
+1 excellent version and new enhancements are very useful and worthwhile. Maybe skip to next track if that is possible would be a nice option. I assume navigating whilst listening is a non runner? It is something I did enjoy using totalcommader with MQn
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

After 2-3 weeks of trying and finally get JCAT Intona to play into my USB chain, now my Sonicweld is not recognized in the WTF player!!
Usually, when I turn on my PC, Sonicweld shows 48khz (no idea why) and then it switches acordingly to the music I play, but no more than 96khz (thats my DAC limit).
Now, after turning PC on, it stays locked at 192khz!!

With R2 and MQn is no problem!

Any ideas?
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Hi Adam,

I had been following your issues at JPlay forum and might be best to have all the info here for everyone so we can help.

Are you still using the following:
JCAT FEMTO USB => JCAT usb cable => JCAT Isolator =>10-15cm DIY usb cable => ifi ipurifier2 => Sonicweld.

Did you remove the Regen with 3.3v supply altogether?

Did you try disconnecting the Sonicweld Diverter after Wtfplay boots and reconnecting to see if it then shows up with snd_scan?
If you take out the JCAT Isolator is the Sonicweld Diverter seen by Wtfplay with the ifi ipurifier2 still in the chain?

Am i reading this right that the JCAT Femto USB provides 5v to the JCAT Isolator and the ifi ipurifier2 now provides 5v for the Sonicweld?

Cheers, Pearse.