Kii 3 Speaker Stands

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
KenMoran

Kii 3 Speaker Stands

Post by KenMoran »

Upgrading to BXT, so have a pair of Kii 3 speaker stands for sale. Not much to say about them, except they’re very heavy and would need collected from outside Belfast. They retail at £1,500 but will soon be surplus to requirements, so no sensible offer refused. Complete with unopened pack of spikes and floor protectors.

Thanks, Ken
Diapason

Re: Kii 3 Speaker Stands

Post by Diapason »

Good luck with the sale, Ken.

I didn't realise we had a Kii Three user in our midst. I've been fascinated by them since I first read about them. You're obviously happy if you're moving up to BXT...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Diapason wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:01 am

You're obviously happy if you're moving up to BXT...

Strange logic but I understand your drift. These and the Dutch 8c have been waving at me for the past few years, pity there is no-one in Ireland stocking them. I left a home demo offer for the 8c from a UK supplier lapse from 2020 into 2021 stupidly thinking the tariff free Brexit agreement was what it appeared to say on the tin!

.sjb
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I heard a set of Kii Three at the UK dealer's place in London, but I just couldn't quite figure out what to make of them. Very difficult in a strange room with unknown everything. In any case, currency considerations, followed by Brexit later, meant I wouldn't be bringing them in from the UK (I also dithered in a home demo option). I often think they'd be perfect for me, an attempt to return to the high end via a slightly different path, but I'd really need to get them at home for a while to really know.
Sloop John B wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:16 am
Diapason wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:01 am

You're obviously happy if you're moving up to BXT...

Strange logic but I understand your drift.
Hah! I realised after I posted it how strange that sounded!!

Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread, Ken.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
KenMoran

Post by KenMoran »

Folks - yes, really like the Kii 3s, they replaced a Devialet/Linn set up. Source is Auralic Aries G2 - so a very minimalist system.

As you say, no dealers in Ireland, so ended up buying them direct from Kii, who are brilliant to do business with.

Only downside is that all the tech is in the speakers, so if something goes wrong, it’s pretty much lights out for the hi-fi.

Ken