What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by cybot »

In the meantime these two landed this morning.

Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

cybot wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:26 pm In the meantime these two landed this morning.

I see that Roy Buchanan At the Rockpalast 1985 is available to watch on YouTube, must give a look! Thanks for that!
cybot

Post by cybot »

You’re welcome!

To tell the truth it’s better to listen than watch Roy. So ears open and eyes closed 😊
cybot

Post by cybot »

Have never seen this before. I enjoyed the moment at around the 3 and a half minute mark.
Please don’t compare to the majestic original. Just listen and be thankful. I believe the studio version is from another unheard album of his. Ah well plenty of time for that….

Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

cybot wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:45 pm Have never seen this before. I enjoyed the moment at around the 3 and a half minute mark.
Please don’t compare to the majestic original. Just listen and be thankful. I believe the studio version is from another unheard album of his. Ah well plenty of time for that….

Thanks for that video, unfortunately stage presence wasn't Roy's forte.
tweber

Post by tweber »

TBH Roy was brought to my attention by SRV but love his sound despite owning none of his records. Lonnie Mack was another guy SRV turned me on to. Nice stuff guys!! The Rockpalast lp was on my radar but too much to buy this week unfortunately
tweber

Post by tweber »

Enjoying this so far!
Villagers, a classy release imho
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:24 pm TBH Roy was brought to my attention by SRV but love his sound despite owning none of his records. Lonnie Mack was another guy SRV turned me on to. Nice stuff guys!! The Rockpalast lp was on my radar but too much to buy this week unfortunately
Just seeing this now. Watching Stevie brings that nagging feeling of missing his presence. Thanks Shane.

BTW if you want to own some of Roy’s records the first two should keep you more than satisfied. Happy hunting.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:40 pm Image
Enjoying this so far!
Wow that’s a beautiful sleeve. Sadly I’ve none of their stuff. Can’t buy everything I’m afraid 😟
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:28 pm
tweber wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:40 pm Image
Enjoying this so far!
Wow that’s a beautiful sleeve. Sadly I’ve none of their stuff. Can’t buy everything I’m afraid 😟
Butterflies and the hope they bring...one for L.
He's possibly one of the best Irish songwriters of recent times imho Dermot...Becoming a Jackal is a great starting point if you're interested!