the photography thread

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
jaybee

Re: the photography thread

Post by jaybee »

that must be great for architectural photography.... it looks like it's got an enormous range for tilt & shift?
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yep, its very versatile. The rise and fall is very respectable (you can usually go past the coverage of a 5x4 lens). The tilt is only limited by the bellows/coverage. There's tilt on the back too. There's an interesting back story to the camera. First of all its new - I bought it brand new coming up to christmas 2012 - most people think its old. The guy who makes them is a chinese guy, living in the USA who is a mountaineer and photographer (what a combo!). He wanted a large format camera he could take up with him - but the weight of any on the market was savage. So he made one, it got admiring looks and it all went from there. So he set up a factory in china, with 7 or 8 lads working for him making a range of cameras. The website is rudimentary, his prices are reasonable (900USD for that camera). You email him, tell hiim what you want, he tells you how much to pay via paypal and you get your camera a week or two later. Its done on trust but there isn't one single complaint about him in all of the internet.

The camera itself is very high quality, with a carbon fibre base, wood and alu trim. IT all works like a swiss clock and it feels and works better than it looks. I have 3 lenses to go with it - a 90mm and 150mm schneider kreusnachs, and a 250mm fujinon.

Anyway - thats enough from me.... I could rattle on endlessly!!! Someone else post a pic!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

I'm normally allergic to color photography, but came across this last week....

sometimes mono just doesnt cut the mustard!

Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

lovely jaybee - love that kind of stuff.....
cybot

Post by cybot »

Love this image from an Lp cover of a French group I can't recall at the minute....

cybot

Post by cybot »

From Werner Herzog's Nosferatu - Kinski & the gorgeous Adjani.....

cybot

Post by cybot »

From a Funki Porcini sleeve....

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Love those Dermot. The fast asleep one is excellent. There's an inside cover of a Joe Jackson album that looks like that IIRC
cybot

Post by cybot »

Fran wrote:Love those Dermot. The fast asleep one is excellent. There's an inside cover of a Joe Jackson album that looks like that IIRC
Hopefully it'll inspire the shy ones out to there to post their favourite images ;)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jaybee wrote:I'm normally allergic to color photography, but came across this last week....

sometimes mono just doesnt cut the mustard!

There's a few websites out there that host photos of abandoned houses around Ireland. Some very grand, some well.... "modest" to be diplomatic! To see a kitchen table left as it was, or shoes under the bed. Fascinating and eerie.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable