The DIYINHK USB to 12S card

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
rickmcinnis

Re: The DIYINHK USB to 12S card

Post by rickmcinnis »

I keep looking at your concoction.

I see you are using the LED card and there seems to be some kind of regulator on the other side - but I thought you were using a battery for supply.

You have me baffled with this one.

When you are so inclined I think this is a project worth a map (please).

The INTONA looked interesting until I saw all of those isolators thanks to SLIGOLAD's kindly submission of photography.

Always interested to hear what your supremely experienced ears think of it.

Take care,
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

see the momentary switch and its too red leads
thats all you need to worry about
the rest is related to the usb hub(regen mod) and some other experiments that didnt work out

on boot up u press and hold for 3 secs to complete handshake

theres not too many devices that will take a dose of reverse polarity lifepo4 think of the current

id like to mod an intona but not sure id like to do it enough to pay the money for it and it did prove a little fickle as we couldnt get it to work with my soekris direct bypassing my built in hub
we also failed to get it working on an "anker" battery supply which was disappointing
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

Needless to say the card was gone as soon as I touched the second lead to the battery.

Smoke was generated immediately along with my berating myself effusively. I had just looked at the battery and somehow, mindlessly, had turned it around. Makes me sick (of myself).

So where are you getting the five volts from? The PC supply?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

rickmcinnis wrote:Needless to say the card was gone as soon as I touched the second lead to the battery.

Smoke was generated immediately along with my berating myself effusively. I had just looked at the battery and somehow, mindlessly, had turned it around. Makes me sick (of myself).

So where are you getting the five volts from? The PC supply?
sometimes i think you cant read

we momentarily inject 3.3v into the usb5v input for handshake
3.3v is enough to do it
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

nige2000 wrote: id like to mod an intona but not sure id like to do it enough to pay the money for it and it did prove a little fickle as we couldnt get it to work with my soekris direct bypassing my built in hub
we also failed to get it working on an "anker" battery supply which was disappointing
Tried the Intona on the Meitner this evening and with the long red PPA USB cable it would not lock so I stuck one of the shorter Supra cables between the Intona and Meitner and it locks every time now without Regen needed.

Post by rickmcinnis »

It is not that I cannot read, it is that sometimes I am not sure what I read is what you meant.

You can write in a shorthand that assumes the reader knows what you know. So when this reader does not know, or I am unsure if that is what you meant, I will ask again! I have my own ingrained assumptions about things so if what you say does not agree with what I think I know I need the statement to be made with conviction!

If you put things as clearly as you did with that post there would be no confusion and, likely, but I know better than to promise, not a second asking of the question.

I did not know that this handshake voltage was not critical.

AS ALWAYS, thanks for the help.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

rickmcinnis wrote:It is not that I cannot read, it is that sometimes I am not sure what I read is what you meant.

You can write in a shorthand that assumes the reader knows what you know. So when this reader does not know, or I am unsure if that is what you meant, I will ask again! I have my own ingrained assumptions about things so if what you say does not agree with what I think I know I need the statement to be made with conviction!

If you put things as clearly as you did with that post there would be no confusion and, likely, but I know better than to promise, not a second asking of the question.

I did not know that this handshake voltage was not critical.

AS ALWAYS, thanks for the help.
ok i though i wrote it clearer
+3.3v into the usb +5 input marked V+ under the usb b socket
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote:
nige2000 wrote: id like to mod an intona but not sure id like to do it enough to pay the money for it and it did prove a little fickle as we couldnt get it to work with my soekris direct bypassing my built in hub
Tried the Intona on the Meitner this evening and with the long red PPA USB cable it would not lock so I stuck one of the shorter Supra cables between the Intona and Meitner and it locks every time now without Regen needed.
thought we tried the two supras with the intona and soekris bypassing the reclocking hub?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:
Sligolad wrote:
thought we tried the two supras with the intona and soekris bypassing the reclocking hub?
Yea, in Tony's, we tried the Supra cable (short?) instead of the PPA cable (long?) with the Soekris DAC & it still didn't work - seems to be sensitive to signal quality - thinking about it, we probably should have tried the Regen before the Intona just to get a clean 5V supply into the Intona as the 5V injection through the adapter didn't work
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jrling

Post by jrling »

rickmcinnis wrote:Needless to say the card was gone as soon as I touched the second lead to the battery.

Smoke was generated immediately along with my berating myself effusively. I had just looked at the battery and somehow, mindlessly, had turned it around.
I really worry for the Asian economies if Rick (and dare I say Nigel) hang up their soldering irons! I do however admire their chutzpah (from a distance). I would never dare.
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub