Cloney?

tony

Re: Cloney?

Post by tony »

Diapason wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:54 pm Heh, I have the pre-owned and ex-dem section bookmarked, so I rarely look at anything else...

They're definitely open, though, and doing a roaring trade from what I can tell. I think for many people lockdown meant more time at home and often more disposable income, so upgrades were plentiful. There's been a lot of interesting gear through the door there in recent months.
A lot of the really good interesting stuff left the capitol and headed west to Sligo :)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I've heard rumours alright, Tony...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Satrus

Post by Satrus »

When I posted initially on the 21st June I hadn't been on the Cloney Audio website in a while. I have just spent the last 45 minutes on the website and am pleasantly surprised to see a lot more than what I saw before. One excellent feature they now have in the SHOP Link is, what seems to be, a complete section of all of the items of equipment they represent ... with prices! That is so unusual in the high end industry at retail level. That is indeed an excellent addition as it lets you know exactly what you can or cannot afford or are prepared to spend. It is almost as if high end dealers don't want to frighten you away by printing prices. They reason that you'll contact them anyway to find out the price on a given item, if you are really contemplating purchase.

I was 'relieved' too to find that the SME 20.3 turntable costs around €12,850 here which seems quite competitive with the U.K. price when converted to Euro. I had thoughts of trading in my stone mint SME 20.2 when I retired a few years ago but SME increased its prices by 20% across the board around the same time. That somewhat tempered my enthusiasm. The 20.3 also has an 'oversize' platter which I don't particularly like as I think it would make it more difficult to properly centre records on the spindle, prior to play. But, it certainly looks very impressive when you see it 'in the flesh', as I have at Munich High End. So with due apologies to Cloney Audio, I think I 'misspoke' in my original post. I think that maybe the site was 'under development' when I was last there as it seemed very 'stripped down' at that time. As others have remarked, the traded in equipment is a very interesting feature they have as well.