Paul Hynes SR7EHD Power Supply

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
randytsuch

Re: Paul Hynes SR7EHD Power Supply

Post by randytsuch »

nige2000 wrote:The ph supply chain is just as well known as the ps quality
The quality must be exceptional to sell with such long lead times and cost
In his Audiocircle thread about order cancellations, he talked about changing his manufacturing process to improve lead times. Hopefully won't impact quality.

I would think if he could find a way to get to some kind of limited mass production and reduce lead time and prices (hopefully), he could sell a bunch of stuff.

Randy
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

tony wrote: BTW Have put it up as open meet so if any non computer men etc want to pop along just let me know you are coming. I have a CD player also but no TT I am afraid and to be honest a tt wouldn't work on the day due to the number of fiddly pc's and power supplies clogging up floor space
I can't make this one Tony as I'm up to my sloblocks this weekend, but at some point in the new year I'd quite like to bring over my humble, completely untweaked Celeron NUC (running Openelec) to see just how far off the pace it is on 44.1 kHz FLAC files. That's a question for another day of course!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Neutrik male 4 pin xlr's and some 2.5mm squared solid core cable arrived on my desk this morning which is not bad given i only ordered yesterday afternoon.
Will make up some cables which we can wire in as we please at the weekend, will be interesting to see if it is the 12v supply that is giving the big improvement or the combination of the 2 x 5v and 12v supplies.

Post by tony »

Diapason wrote:I can't make this one Tony as I'm up to my sloblocks this weekend, but at some point in the new year I'd quite like to bring over my humble, completely untweaked Celeron NUC (running Openelec) to see just how far off the pace it is on 44.1 kHz FLAC files. That's a question for another day of course!
That's cool Simon, and next year when spring arrives I will definitely be going out to hear those Graafs
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Yeah no problem. Just give me about 48 hours notice so I can clean the dust off them...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: BTW Have put it up as open meet so if any non computer men etc want to pop along just let me know you are coming.

what day + time? I'm currently dying (yes dying) with the flu so I don't want to wipe out Ireland's growing computer audio scene in one fell swoop. I'll be fine by the end of the week I reckon....
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Ivor wrote:
tony wrote: BTW Have put it up as open meet so if any non computer men etc want to pop along just let me know you are coming.

what day + time? I'm currently dying (yes dying) with the flu so I don't want to wipe out Ireland's growing computer audio scene in one fell swoop. I'll be fine by the end of the week I reckon....
Tut,tut tut Ivor are you not reading all the CA threads? Saturday early afternoon I dropped in at the weekend to top up with some olive oil but a bit like my offspring I assume my gracious presence and riveting conversation went in one ear and out the other!
LZ Big7 well worth hearing will be on site and some of Nigels homebrew stuff. Pearse also has a new Paul Hynes power supply so it all should sound ok. Bring your Lector if you wish or some CD's I have a Meridian cd/transport.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote:
Ivor wrote:

Tut,tut tut Ivor are you not reading all the CA threads? Saturday early afternoon I dropped in at the weekend to top up with some olive oil but a bit like my offspring I assume my gracious presence and riveting conversation went in one ear and out the other!
LZ Big7 well worth hearing will be on site and some of Nigels homebrew stuff. Pearse also has a new Paul Hynes power supply so it all should sound ok. Bring your Lector if you wish or some CD's I have a Meridian cd/transport.

Tony if you were here at the weekend I'm sure I would remember! I'm afraid I won't be free Saturday early afternoon, my public need me.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

I was I was honest met the off spring on Sunday. Kinda guess you might have problems I even suggested he work Saturday for you instead.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote:I was I was honest met the off spring on Sunday. Kinda guess you might have problems I even suggested he work Saturday for you instead.

Ah, he didn't mention a strange man coming in making staffing suggestions... maybe that happens a lot on Sundays!