High-End Munich 2019

HiFiFan

Re: High-End Munich 2019

Post by HiFiFan »

Looking forward to reading the reports
Enjoy the trip everyone. Hope to get there some year.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

For those who didn't manage to shake off the family here's a link to my-hiend.com photos from the trade day in Munich starting on page 10 http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showthread. ... how/page10

K
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

If anyone gets the chance to hear them, I'd be most interested in your views of the Kii Audio Three BXT system. I feel like it's the way of the future (or something like it is) but could do with opinions on how it sounds. I'm envious of all of you over there.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
hudo

Post by hudo »

First day over. This show is huge, I was able to see maybe 20% companies, and hear less than 10% of systems:/
Some really good systems, despite room acoustics and people that constantly talk behind you ...
Tomorrow into proper listening!

If somebody's around, we can grab a coffee or pint!
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Hi Hudo, just sent PM. I just landed in Munich and waiting on Nige now.

Post by james »

Ken Moreland wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:37 am For those who didn't manage to shake off the family here's a link to my-hiend.com photos from the trade day in Munich starting on page 10 http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showthread. ... how/page10

K
Thanks for that -- Lots of Roon. Seems to be the future ...
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
hudo

Post by hudo »

Few photos from my phone https://photos.app.goo.gl/wAYpNkgs2w1YbY8c8

It was great to see some of you guys there (damn, didn't take the photo!), we should do that hifi coffee again
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Diapason wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:10 pm If anyone gets the chance to hear them, I'd be most interested in your views of the Kii Audio Three BXT system. I feel like it's the way of the future (or something like it is) but could do with opinions on how it sounds. I'm envious of all of you over there.

Yeah, well, eh it won't be the future until they do something about the 36k set they demonstrated that didn't have 36k sonics..... And there are cheaper methods to obtain remote control etc.
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Fran wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:29 pm
Diapason wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:10 pm If anyone gets the chance to hear them, I'd be most interested in your views of the Kii Audio Three BXT system. I feel like it's the way of the future (or something like it is) but could do with opinions on how it sounds. I'm envious of all of you over there.

Yeah, well, eh it won't be the future until they do something about the 36k set they demonstrated that didn't have 36k sonics..... And there are cheaper methods to obtain remote control etc.
Well, that's that then! LOL!!

I heard the Three on its own a few years back when it was being lauded all over the place. I couldn't really interpret what I heard at that stage as it sounded amazing with some recordings and a bit odd with others. I had misgivings about the bass, and I can only assume that others did too since they've released the BXT thing to add on. I was interested to learn whether that improved things and unlocked a bit more potential, but it would seem not!!

Thanks Fran.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2