Grounding from China!

jkeny

Re: Grounding from China!

Post by jkeny »

sima66 wrote:
nige2000 wrote:Can you post a bunch of pics of the ground/earth wiring to help explain
I assume having ground earth wiring done well has far more impact than having a tellus

Your using pure silver in teflon and cotton as earth/ grounding wire?
Not much to show more than this:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2903&start=100

I thought the same thing as you Nigel, that a good ground must be better that Tellus, that's why I build that separate ground, but wasn't the case.
Or, maybe I missed something with my grounding!

The best results I got when used both , Tellus and the additional ground. The bass wad incredible!

Again, here is the wire that I use:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2903&start=110

The silver wire I bought from Partsconexxion when they had 50% off, for $15 usd per foot.
From what I've read about these eartha cables, they are litz cables - try copper litz or even better silver litz wire & see does it sound the same as the Entreq wire?
Litz wire, because it is composed of individual strands of small gauge wire, conducts HF more efficiently than solid cable - due to skin effect (where the HF travels on the outside <skin> of the wire rather than the inside, - litz wire has a greater outside skin area per cable length than solid wire)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

http://www.wires.co.uk/acatalog/litzwire.html

Don't think the cheapo knocked up version of Entreq is going to come it at €50!!
Starting to see where the costs stack up here
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:http://www.wires.co.uk/acatalog/litzwire.html

Don't think the cheapo knocked up version of Entreq is going to come it at €50!!
not sure the gauge of wire is crucial adam said his solid core is 18awg so that's about 1mm

i always found silver plated copper wire as signal wire sounded more like solid copper more than solid silver
kinda goes against the skin effect theory
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:

not sure the gauge of wire is crucial adam said his solid core is 18awg so that's about 1mm

i always found silver plated copper wire as signal wire sounded more like solid copper more than solid silver
But the skin effect only kicks in on high frequencies not audio range frequencies.
From what I can gather about what the Entreq grounding is supposed to be doing, it seems to be premised on the idea the HF RFI is being shunted off by the cables to the Entreq box where it seems to be reduced?

Litz silver wire here?
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Pure-Silver-9999 ... UgY_6ppnbQ
Last edited by jkeny on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:

The 16 gauge silvered copper wire in teflon jacket (the one we use the most) was used by my friend, before he got the same solid core silver wire and silver was much better.

Now this better sounding wire than the Etreq wire, is made from four 16 gauge silver plated copper and one 18 gauge silver core crimped together.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/wire/awg-to-mm.htm

when you say crimped do you mean twisted?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/wire/awg-to-mm.htm

when you say crimped do you mean twisted?
It use something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-GAUGE-COPPER- ... SwR0JUPHBk

They are crimped close to the end of the Silver wire and the silver wire is made in a shape of a spade (same as Entreq).

The actual cable is not expensive compare to Etreq .........and is much better.
Guy is selling them for $300 for 1.5m.......witch is very close to the cost of material.
Since I already have the most expensive part in the cable (silver wire) and some copper plated wires, I will try this in the near future.

Soon as I finish my ripping process and procedures!!! :) :)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sima66 wrote: The 16 gauge silvered copper wire in teflon jacket (the one we use the most) was used by my friend, before he got the same solid core silver wire and silver was much better.

Now this better sounding wire than the Etreq wire, is made from four 16 gauge silver plated copper and one 18 gauge silver core crimped together.
OK, I didn't think you had DIYed a wire better than the Entreq?
www.Ciunas.biz
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I think that is more like a little company and my frienf bought the cables from that guy on audio show

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
tony

Post by tony »

Head explodes with all the links and options! Ok Adam you are suggesting silver wire for the cables. How thick? Please Please suggest thin one is the best:) Cotton wrap/Teflon? The Tellus has copper stuff inside so my thinking would be the black coal and some chunk of copper that magically touches the coal or is buried in it. Problem is the entreq team have tried all the options but maybe Adam's route will get a big lift without too much testing. Thing is the intona usb isolator made a very noticeable difference a bit like Linear supply initially.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.