It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

nige2000

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by nige2000 »

hilarious
had to play the clip

i believe two of our guys have to pickup the amps yet, hopefully we will get some reports when they do

the big players wouldnt build this sort of thing, the parts are too expensive to make profit, its heavy too and there is restrictions on lithium cells for transport

these few truly are something no one has or will likely ever see again
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Tony has picked up his amp
and the loaner amp for Ivor

heres some more pictures

sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:07 pm Tony has picked up his amp
and the loaner amp for Ivor

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

See you are chomping at the bit Ivor. Will get over to you mid next and will collect the radiators at the same time. I might do a drive by over the weekend depending on whats going on to get the amp to you. They really have finished off very nicely. It all looks very tasty and professional
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:03 pm See you are chomping at the bit Ivor. Will get over to you mid next and will collect the radiators at the same time. I might do a drive by over the weekend depending on whats going on to get the amp to you. They really have finished off very nicely. It all looks very tasty and professional
Avoid tomorrow. A bit of rugby on. Other than that anytime at all.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Very much enjoying mine here.Have't had much opportunity this week to listen, but listening a bit here tonight before bed. Lovely smooth, effortless sounds.
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

the Easter bunny called over last night and dropped off a large box of Black Magic. I'm moving the system around a bit anyway so I'll drop the amp in (not literally) later on today sometime. Looking forward to being depressed by it.

nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

On the dropping it in....
I'd be more concerned about what you drop it on.
The amps quite robust

Let us know how u get on with it..

Anyone else like to try it for a couple of weeks?
tony

Post by tony »

Have mine in situ for a week at this point. Finding the level of detail and low noise floor is very impressive. Amp is as clean as a whistle and very revealing but not harsh in any way. Changed over to the 57's last night and it is working really well. Currently playing Kimbra doing a cover version of Plain gold ring and sounds marvelous. My initial impression is it is digging out more detail than the Jadis. Will put the Jadis back in a months and see what I think. One way or the other one of my valve amps will be leaving!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:16 pm On the dropping it in....
I'd be more concerned about what you drop it on.
The amps quite robust

Let us know how u get on with it..

Anyone else like to try it for a couple of weeks?
Oh I can see the "robust" nature of it alright! I'd like to hold on to it for 3 - 4 weeks if possible. Just to throw as much music at it as possible and try it direct and with a pre amp. Also Easter might restrict my listening a bit.. we'll see.

Does it run hot? It will be in a rack with pleanty of space around it.
Does it need long to warm up?