MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote:
sbgk wrote:Initial view of the Singxer F-1 xmos xu208, phenomenal and it will only get better. Wow, a new era indeed.
So, can you still hear the differences between different players?
Ordered the diyinhk i2s version out of curiosity

Doubt we will ever get to a point were upstream wont influence the sound
Maybe reduce?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

sbgk wrote:
sima66 wrote:
sbgk wrote:Initial view of the Singxer F-1 xmos xu208, phenomenal and it will only get better. Wow, a new era indeed.
So, can you still hear the differences between different players?
Just did a comparison between playpcmwin wasapi player (which I think is pretty aggressive sounding) and mqn and there is still a difference, so not player agnostic yet.

But what a sound, best I've heard, turn your £400 dac into a £10000 dac.
Thank's for the report, Gordon. Sounds very promissing, should go for one. Might try to feed both sides of the F-1 with LPO4, but maybe Nige will be faster to do that? ;)

Your comments remind me about the effects of the Acousense AFI USB concept here in Germany by Ralf Koschnicke: Player still counts but even less prepared PC/laptops turned into much higher SQ. But the price tag is different.

Take care
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 263/106/51, a bit better balanced.

the F1 is getting better, was a bit thin to start with, but now impressive depth to piano etc.

The F1 effect is that each instrument, vocal etc is distinct and the sound has a nice tone and sounds live/analogue. Never tried regen or jitterbugs etc, so don't know if it's the same effect.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

Is the F1 complete device (DAC) or USB module only?
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:Is the F1 complete device (DAC) or USB module only?
just a usb/spdif convertor, one day it'll all be on the same chip.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

After a long non-music period I tried last night the rewrite 50 and compared to my last one rewrite 30. I could not believe what improvement was the 50!! Didn't try the rewrite 51 yet.

The problem with rewrite 50 is that I can rewrite only one song at the time and its named "test", so if I don't rename it it will overwrite with the next one!
Another problem is that the rewrite is still running in Task Manager after closing the window and for every song it opens another rewrite in Task manager.
By the time I realize that, I had dozen rewrite's running!

I don't know if that is the case only with the rewrite 50 or I need to do something different?!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
janh

Post by janh »

Removed
Last edited by janh on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gigabyte H97M-D3H with PPA OCXO module. i7-4790T, 800MHz. 8GB Ram, 800MHz.
PPA 2-rail LPSU & Pico. JCAT battery for OS-SSD and PPA v3 USBcard.
Server 2012 R2, AO 1.40. APL HiFi DAC-S, upd. Only use 1644 .wav
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sima66 wrote:After a long non-music period I tried last night the rewrite 50 and compared to my last one rewrite 30. I could not believe what improvement was the 50!! Didn't try the rewrite 51 yet.

The problem with rewrite 50 is that I can rewrite only one song at the time and its named "test", so if I don't rename it it will overwrite with the next one!
Another problem is that the rewrite is still running in Task Manager after closing the window and for every song it opens another rewrite in Task manager.

I don't know if that is the case only with the rewrite 50 or I need to do something different?!
You need to use mqnrewrite.bat c root

it first copies the file to c:\test.wav and then mqnrewrite rewrites that to testout.wav and then that gets renamed to the original file name

you can rewrite more than 1 file at a time.

should only be running 1 rewrite process at a time

you need to start the mqnrewrite.bat file using administrator using right mouse click selection.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

sbgk wrote:
sima66 wrote:After a long non-music period I tried last night the rewrite 50 and compared to my last one rewrite 30. I could not believe what improvement was the 50!! Didn't try the rewrite 51 yet.

You need to use mqnrewrite.bat c root

it first copies the file to c:\test.wav and then mqnrewrite rewrites that to testout.wav and then that gets renamed to the original file name

you can rewrite more than 1 file at a time.

should only be running 1 rewrite process at a time

you need to start the mqnrewrite.bat file using administrator using right mouse click selection.
Yeah, I completely forgot about the mqnrewrite.bat c root! :)

Thanks Gordon, and also thanks Janh for his sugestion.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
janh

Post by janh »

sbgk wrote:uploaded 263/106/51, a bit better balanced.
Yes, 263/106/51 is another improvement, nice.
Cheers
Gigabyte H97M-D3H with PPA OCXO module. i7-4790T, 800MHz. 8GB Ram, 800MHz.
PPA 2-rail LPSU & Pico. JCAT battery for OS-SSD and PPA v3 USBcard.
Server 2012 R2, AO 1.40. APL HiFi DAC-S, upd. Only use 1644 .wav