A Few items from the Attic

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
JAW

A Few items from the Attic

Post by JAW »

A few things things that have been in the attic a while and I need to move on due to an imminent house move:-

A pair of Meridian M2's and A&R C200 pre amp. Speaker condition ok for their age. The power indicator bulb on one speaker has gone and one of the tweeters was replaced by the Audio Clinic in Monkstown. I bought these many years ago from Cloneys and used them as my main system until about 15 years ago. The preamp has cartridge matching dip switches for both MM and MC cartridges. I've had the system running for a week or so and no annoying buzzes or burps from it. €200 Meridians sold

A&R A60 amp. Nice little amp, rated at 40W a side. Black casing showing its age a bit, but easy to repaint. €50 - Sold

Meridian A500 speakers. No grills. Bought from Cloney's a few years ago. One of the binding posts has been replaced and doesn't match the others, otherwise in good condition. €50 - Sold

A System Audio SA520AV centre speaker. Bought from Cloney's for a home cinema set up that never happened. €50 Sold

A pair of Elac AM150 active monitors. One of the power indicators is temperamental, but otherwise in good condition. Untested, but will hook up and leave running for a few days if any interest. They were bought as rear pair for a home cinema set up that nearly happened. €150 - Sold

A pair of JPW Mini Monitors in good condition. Free to any home! Sold

I think that I'm maybe underpricing some of these, but it's either a sale or a skip.

I wasn't able to post photos, but can whats app photos if any interest.
Last edited by JAW on Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: A Few items from the Attic

Post by Fran »

If they are still available, I'd take the meridian A500 .....
Do or do not, there is no try
JAW

Post by JAW »

Hi Fran, sure. Your name is on them. Do you want a few photos first?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

My first ever floorstanders, I have fond memories of those A500s.

Within the next few weeks I will probably be trying to put together a variety of speakers and some form of amplification for a "project". I don't want to take them from others more worthy, but if you have some bits left over definitely don't put them in a skip!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Snoops

Post by Snoops »

Hi. I'll take the a&r a60....
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

No need for pics at that price in fairness!

I'll send a PM and arrange to collect
Do or do not, there is no try
Dave0551

Post by Dave0551 »

If you were ok to accept €110 for the Elac AM150 active monitors, I would take them....
paulb

Post by paulb »

would be very interested in the meridian speakers, but have 4 pairs of speakers at the moment...i am trying to sell one or two....if still available in a few days will get in touch.thanks Paul
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Snoops wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:47 pm Hi. I'll take the a&r a60....
Thats a great little amp, I had its cousin the P50 for years, my first "real" amp, and it's still fondly remembered.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Dave0551

Post by Dave0551 »

A60 was my first intro amp. into this hobby...... Basic but good....
@Snoops.... If you collect the A60, I have my old A60 you can have for spares.
( Think it may have only 1 channel working, IIRC....)
Let me know if it's of any use to you.