Van Medevoort CD230 Cd player and MA340 Amplfier for sale

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Ruairi

Van Medevoort CD230 Cd player and MA340 Amplfier for sale

Post by Ruairi »

Argghhh! had a long long ad written and lost it!! Hate that :-)

Hi all,

I have an interesting and rare (in Ireland at least!) pairing for sale here. First up is the Van Medevoort CD230 CD player with remote. I would conservatively rate the condition as 8.5/10 mainly due to small scratches on the top of the casing. The unit has unbalanced and balanced analogue outs as well as RCA and optical SPDIF connectors. From the manual I have noted that the unit uses the Cirrus CS4392 as it's D/A chip.

Next up is the very complimentary MA-340 integrated amplifier again with remote control (condition 9/10). This is rated as 125 watts per channel into 6 ohms. I used this amplifier for a short period earlier this year when my main studio amplifier died and before I switched to Hypex UCD400. I found it neutral and very punchy considering its rating, this was driving my PMC MB2. I'd happily work with it.

I am selling these for a very close Dutch friend of mine who has owned them since new, he moved away a month ago. I'm having a hard time verifying the original retail price but according to my friend they were E2600 for the amp and E2200 for the cd player. Asking price is E600 for each. I have them in my mastering studio in Killarney, happy to demo them there. Also will travel (time permitting) to anywhere in Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary to meet up or let you demo with your system.

From my research these guys seem to be a small hand-built boutique operation, the electronic geek inside will probably get curious and take the lids off tomorrow when I have time, photos will be posted if I do!

Please email me on ruairioflaherty (at) eircom (dot) net for more pics or with any questions

Thanks!
Ruairi
Killarney
Attachments
MA340_rear.jpg
MA340_rear.jpg (75.71 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
MA340.jpg
MA340.jpg (65.27 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
CD230.jpg
CD230.jpg (69.79 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
Ruairi

Re: Van Medevoort CD230 Cd player and MA340 Amplfier for sale

Post by Ruairi »

Another 2 pics for you
Attachments
Tower.jpg
Tower.jpg (85.19 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
CD230_rear.jpg
CD230_rear.jpg (51.99 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
Ruairi

Post by Ruairi »

Hi again folks,

I figured as I was selling this stuff that I should at least take a listen to the CD player and see how it sounds. I compared the analogue balanced output (level matched) to 3 very nice DACS tonight. The DACs were my Benchmark DAC-1 (nice), my Cranesong Avocet (very nice) and my Prism DA-2 (seriously awesome). The listening session was short enough but I'm happy to report that the CD deck did not disgrace itself at all, quite the opposite in fact! More info tomorrow when I'm not too knackered.

Cheers,
Ruairi
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

They look like serious kit at a sensible price. Good luck with the sale.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ruairi

Post by Ruairi »

Ivor wrote:They look like serious kit at a sensible price. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks Ivor! Sorry for not getting back with some listening impressions, I've been swamped in the studio. In session now but I'll try to get back this evening with a few internal pics (if there are many geeks like me) and some thoughts on what I heard when comparing to the various DACs I have in the studio.

Cheers,
Ruairi
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Internal pics: yes please!!

my name is fran and I'm a geek .....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Welcome Fran, to our group
My name is John & I'm a geek too!
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

jkeny wrote:Welcome Fran, to our group
My name is John & I'm a geek too!
does that make me the wife factor? i always want it to look pretty... including some anal-retentive wire runs internally.

my great failing in life: i'll never be a true geek.
-b